PDA

View Full Version : Knocking on Doors WORKS

Hedgemaster
01-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Although I'm a bit behind on trying to pick up snow removal customers (It's already snowing), I made up a quick flyer, made some photocopies, and headed out into my neighborhood yesterday as the snow started to fall again.

Due to my late start and the lousy weather, I was only able to hand out about 30 flyers, and of those, I only spoke to about 8 people who answered doors.
This morning, I had two calls to shovel driveways, and around mid day, I had a voicemail to get an estimate for a relative who lives about 2 miles from where I had been distributing the flyers.

As I was shoveling the driveway at the first customer's home, the neighbor was out shoveling his walk and said "hello". He said he saw me place my flyer in his door yesterday and that he "may be calling me." I introduced myself and we chatted for about ten minutes. During this time, he hollered down the street to another man doing some shoveling that "We have a young man here that is offering to clear driveways - I'll give you one of his cards!" (I had just handed him half a dozen)
As this gentleman and I talked, he finally said, "Hell, if you come to do their driveway, and you see snow on mine, go ahead and do mine as well."
:)

After finishing that driveway, the customer told me that I can just come back and do it again any time we get the same amount we had today. (about 5-6" w/some drifting) She also has some small yard jobs to talk about for the spring time.
:) :)

She even gave me $5 more than what I asked for "Because you were so prompt and did a nice job."
:) :) :)

After that, I cleared a drive and sidewalk for an elderly couple. He can handle the light stuff that can be pushed, but can't lift the shovel so well.
They seemed happy to have the snow cleared and liked the fact that I was a neighbor - not someone they would have to wait for, and hope they show up.
Hopefully, they will pass my info on to others in the neighborhood.

Afterthoughts:

I went out during the "workday" in hopes of running into more older people who are home during the day, and who are more likely to need help shoveling.
Sadly, many of them are hesitant to open the door to a stranger. I can't say that I blame them. I always introduce myself by name and let them know that I'm one of their neighbors - that I live "just around the corner, on _____ street." This seems to help put them at ease and allows for a more relaxed conversation.

I hate putting flyers in mailboxes (I understand the legalities), but for a few homes, I did (mostly people I knew to some extent), because there was no other way to leave it. I did cut "X"s in the top of some of the flyers ahead of time in order to slip them over a doorknob, but I didn't leave any in that manner yesterday.

I regret not having bought a SINGLE stage snowthrower instead of this two stage beast that I have. I could do SO much more with a smaller unit. Live and learn. I can't afford another one, so I'll just have to use a shovel until we get deeper snow.

My timing was good and bad. Bad because we're already into winter and I hadn't distributed my info. (Mainly for legal reasons - I'm still awaiting my zoning approval) Good because it was SNOWING like MAD when I was handing out the flyers... "Hey, give that guy a call that was just here!"
I'm going to do some more door to door tomorrow - perhaps focusing on homes with walks and drives still with snow on them.

Here's an idea! Talk to your postal carrier!
He/she knows ALL the homes in your area - and which ones need the steps/walks cleared! They often know who is and isn't able to do the snow removal themselves, and who is just a lazy/cheap bastard that NEVER has a clear walkway. lol

This was my first attempt at snow removal "marketing"/work.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! ;)

Steve
01-13-2011, 02:07 AM
That is fantastic!

I love the idea of cutting an X into the top of the flyer as well.

Have you thought about more cheap ways to promote your snow removal services?

What about a big 4x8 piece of plywood in the middle of your pickup bed that says

SNOW REMOVAL
555-3988

Would that get neighbors to call you?

Also what is your view on why you would prefer a single stage vs a two stage blower?

Hedgemaster
01-13-2011, 09:46 AM
That is fantastic!

I love the idea of cutting an X into the top of the flyer as well.

Have you thought about more cheap ways to promote your snow removal services?

What about a big 4x8 piece of plywood in the middle of your pickup bed that says

SNOW REMOVAL
555-3988

Would that get neighbors to call you?

Also what is your view on why you would prefer a single stage vs a two stage blower?

I have a cap on my truck. I was thinking of placing a temporary sign at the end of my driveway.
Also, when I park my truck, I leave the cap window open and I lean an extra shovel up against the front of the truck with the thought that it may catch someone's attention and indicate that my truck isn't "just some truck" parked on the street. Maybe someone will stop when they see me shoveling.

As for the snowthrower, I'm new to using them, but a single stage is apparently better at clearing snow ALL the way off a walk/drive, where the two stage has metal blades that must be kept off the ground just a bit and leaves a little snow behind.

Growing Green
01-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Before long you are going to need to change your name to SNOWMASTER from HEDGEMASTER. :D

Matt

Steve
01-14-2011, 01:27 AM
Also, when I park my truck, I leave the cap window open and I lean an extra shovel up against the front of the truck with the thought that it may catch someone's attention and indicate that my truck isn't "just some truck" parked on the street. Maybe someone will stop when they see me shoveling.

Is there someway you can get your number on your truck? Maybe write it on the inside of the caps windows with white window paint?

Even if it looks like this. It would be better than nothing.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/107/300998855_c782cc2002.jpg

http://www.partyoptions.net/general/markers/florgrnb.JPG

Hedgemaster
01-15-2011, 06:24 PM
You know, that idea ^ isn't half bad. When winter hit, business dried up, and I haven't had any money to get my truck windows lettered.
That could be a decent temporary fix - especially for snow removal season.

Also, I am going to pick up a reflective safety vest to throw on over my coat. That will certainly differentiate me from "Joe Homeowner" out shoveling his driveway.

Oh, and someone else called today regarding a flyer I left. She asked for a price, and said she'd keep my number handy in case we get deep snow again.

Steve
01-16-2011, 02:07 AM
When winter hit, business dried up, and I haven't had any money to get my truck windows lettered.
That could be a decent temporary fix - especially for snow removal season

Take some pictures of it! I'd love to see!

I am going to pick up a reflective safety vest to throw on over my coat. That will certainly differentiate me from "Joe Homeowner" out shoveling his driveway.

I think that is a great idea!

It might be really helpful if you put some vinyl lettering on it too that maybe said Lawn Care or something like that.

http://www.ironhorsesafety.com/stroud/public_service/rppe-ls21tz.jpg

Hedgemaster
01-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Although it's too soon to say that today's attempts at knocking on doors didn't work, I was discouraged by how few people answered doors today. As it's Saturday, I assumed that more folks wold be home.
I left a flyer and a card at each of the places I stopped, so who knows - maybe someone will call.

I'm discouraged and hungry, so I came home for something to eat. Maybe I'll go back out later.

Steve
01-24-2011, 02:00 AM
What is your view on why people weren't answering their doors? Could it have been a weather issue or maybe a presentation issue?

Could they look out their window and see that you were going to be offering some snow removal services? Possibly with your snow shovel in hand or maybe wearing your reflective vest?

Or are you thinking it was something else?

Hedgemaster
01-24-2011, 03:46 PM
What is your view on why people weren't answering their doors? Could it have been a weather issue or maybe a presentation issue?

Could they look out their window and see that you were going to be offering some snow removal services? Possibly with your snow shovel in hand or maybe wearing your reflective vest?

Or are you thinking it was something else?

I don't do the "shovel in hand" knock at the door thing. I think that is reserved for the neighborhood kids looking to make a few bucks. I'd rather explain why I'm there and offer them a business card and/or flyer. If they don't need my services today, perhaps they will in the future.

Also, when I go out for the sole purpose of knocking on doors, I do not dress in my "work clothes", I wear nicer clothing for a more professional appearance.

I think that some of the people were simply not home. Driveway filled with snow, and tire tracks, but no vehicle visible. It's often hard to tell, as most of the homes here have a garage, but not everyone uses the garage for their vehicle.

Growing Green
01-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Have you got any more response from your knocking on doors the other day Hedgemaster?

Matt

Hedgemaster
01-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Have you got any more response from your knocking on doors the other day Hedgemaster?

Matt

No, but then again, we haven't had any additional snow, and the snow we did have wasn't really the type that causes people to want others to shovel for them - it was "light, fluffy" stuff, not the heavy, wet snow.

No real accumulation in the forecast for this week either.

Steve
01-25-2011, 02:59 AM
I don't do the "shovel in hand" knock at the door thing. I think that is reserved for the neighborhood kids looking to make a few bucks. I'd rather explain why I'm there and offer them a business card and/or flyer. If they don't need my services today, perhaps they will in the future.

Also, when I go out for the sole purpose of knocking on doors, I do not dress in my "work clothes", I wear nicer clothing for a more professional appearance.

I think that some of the people were simply not home. Driveway filled with snow, and tire tracks, but no vehicle visible. It's often hard to tell, as most of the homes here have a garage, but not everyone uses the garage for their vehicle.

Would it be worthwhile experimenting going door to door the other way? I would figure, if there is snow on the ground and people can see that you are out looking for snow removal work, they would be more inclined to open the door even if it was to say no thanks. Then you can still present them with your card and let them know how to reach you in the future for lawn care or snow plowing.

I could be wrong, but maybe it would be worth a try.

Hedgemaster
01-28-2011, 07:19 PM
I went out again today for about 4 hours. Knocking on doors is TIME CONSUMING. It would be so much easier to simply leave a flyer and move on, but I think it's important to get that personal interaction whenever possible.

A few things I did differently today:
I wore a yellow safety vest.
I added some temporary signage to my truck
I approached homes that had walks/drives that were already clear rather than just the homes with snow covered walkways.
I also went to a neighboring area with more income potential (bigger homes)

Unfortunately, I only made $20 and a loaf of French bread today, ( :( ) but I met some interesting people, and had several inquiries about yard work come spring time. :)

Here. I posted these in my "snowthrower" thread, but since I'm talking about the truck signage, vest, etc. here, I'll post them again...

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy309/IntegrityLawnCare/Lawn%20Care/Snow%20Removal/IMAG0829.jpg

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy309/IntegrityLawnCare/Lawn%20Care/Snow%20Removal/IMAG0834.jpg

Oh. One "mistake" I think I'm making is not offering up a price to clear a drive/walkway when I do get someone to open the door. I've been keeping to pretty much an "introductions" type of conversation, and while it's great that they are willing to take my info, I think I'd catch a little more business if I gave them a quote while I'm at it. Live and learn.

(and yeah, the hat was a mistake as well. I forgot to change it before I headed out today. :mad: )

Steve
01-29-2011, 03:58 AM
This is such a great post.

I wanted to point out your other post (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=83579#post83579) on this discussion here with your safety vest pics as well.

In it you said Heh. And regarding the yellow vest, I had a guy open his door when he saw me coming - he thought I was with the gas company, and was there to tell him there is a leak. LOL

Which I think is fantastic as it shows it will get people to open their doors.

Oh. One "mistake" I think I'm making is not offering up a price to clear a drive/walkway when I do get someone to open the door. I've been keeping to pretty much an "introductions" type of conversation, and while it's great that they are willing to take my info, I think I'd catch a little more business if I gave them a quote while I'm at it. Live and learn.

How would you like to do this? Would you jot it down on a business card or maybe on a flyer?

Also, did you notice any difference in the discussions you had with the homeowners depending on if they had their driveway already cleared or not?

Hedgemaster
01-29-2011, 11:10 AM

Which I think is fantastic as it shows it will get people to open their doors.

How would you like to do this? Would you jot it down on a business card or maybe on a flyer?

Also, did you notice any difference in the discussions you had with the homeowners depending on if they had their driveway already cleared or not?

Not only does the vest differentiate me from any other Joe walking down the street, but it hopefully piques their curiosity if they happen to see me before I get to their house.
I'd love to have my logo added to a vest.

As for "quotes", I think for now, I'd just stick to a verbal estimate. I'd hate to say one price (written down) and be called back only to realize that the job is more involved than I initially guessed based on a quick glance. As time goes by, I'll be better able to give more accurate quotes at a glance.
So far, I've been quoting a price for the amount of snow on the ground at the time (5-6"), but mentioning that if they only have an inch or two that needs cleared, I'll knock something off that price, as the job will not be as difficult, or take as much time to do.

Oh, and the people who answered at homes with walks/drives that were already cleared seemed to be more pleasant/receptive. Many of them offered to pass my info along, and a few said they have jobs for spring time that they may call me about. (I noted those addresses in my book to contact them again in a few months)

It's the "talking" that slows you down, but it's also what gets you work. Sometimes you really don't care to hear about how many children someone raised in "this little house", but by the end of that conversation, you may have earned the trust of someone who can send leads your way.

The Cleaning Doctor
01-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Not the best option but they do make an iron on you can get from walmart and put on your vest.

Another option is to get a local screen printing shop to add it. Be costly but probably worth it. They might even have some reflective ink?

Hedgemaster
01-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Not the best option but they do make an iron on you can get from walmart and put on your vest.

Another option is to get a local screen printing shop to add it. Be costly but probably worth it. They might even have some reflective ink?

Funny. After I posted, I looked through my stack of printer paper and found an old pack of HP Iron On Transfer sheets.

:D

I forgot I had them. So long as the material on the vest can take the heat, it may work. Heck, the vest is form Harbor Freight and only cost about $4, so no big loss if I screw it up.

Steve
01-30-2011, 02:24 AM
With the effort you are putting into this, I have no doubt you are going to find a lot more growth this year!

Also, what about making some company patches? Maybe one for your shoulder and then have the American flag on the other side?

Maybe like this electrician uniform has with a flag on one side. You could also do this on a work jacket too.

http://mistersparkyatlanta.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/97percent.jpg

Hedgemaster
01-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Well, I received my first inquiry via email today as a result of leaving behind a flyer.

Here is the majority of it...

Finding your flyer in my mailbox could not have been more welcome. I have been thinking of finding a company to perform the services you perform.

I am a 60 + widower who works five days a week and do not always have the energy to clean my 80 + foot driveway with a parking pad behind the house especially if there is more than three inches of snow and ice. I would appreciate if you could give me an estimate for snowblowing service / de-Icer application for my driveway. I don't mind cleaning the sidewalk leading to the street but that driveway sometimes seems daunting. I park my car in the garage at the end of the driveway that can be seen from the street.

My address is:

123 Any Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 12345

When spring arrives, I also have two small trees which I would like to have cut down and a larger apple tree that needs some trimming.

Looking forward to your estimate.

Homeowner Name

I did not speak to this person - I left a snow removal flyer and my card, as there was no response to my knocking. I'm going to stop by to look at the property in the morning, and have already emailed her to let her know that I will be doing so.

I'll include an attachment of the flyer I've been distributing.
I did it as a "two up" layout so I could get two from each copy. I'm going to revise it to a "three up" layout to get three on each copy. (I had B&W photocopies made)
Note that the two up size works well for slipping over a door knob after cutting a large "X" through the words "Got Snow?" with a razor knife.

I'm posting in this thread in hopes that someone reading gets some ideas, or can learn from my "mistakes". I don't know that I'm a good source of info, as I'm pretty much figuring this out as I go, but here it is - take it or leave it.

It cost me all of $10 and a few minutes to make myself 200 snow removal flyers. (handed out roughly 150 of them) The signs on the truck took the time to set them up, print them, and laminate, and the safety vest cost $4.99. Add in about 7 hours over a few days of going door to door, and I've invested a little over a full day in time and under $20.00. From that, I have gotten:
One regular snow removal customer. "If it snows, come and take care of it".
One who has informed me to "clear it if I see it". (after seeing me clear this ^^^ person's drive)
Three snow removal jobs
One person who said "I'll be calling you!" (for snow removal)
A few that said they would pass my info along to a relative
Multiple people who asked about spring time jobs

Keep in mind that we've only had two or three decent snows here that would warrant needing someone to do snow removal. So far, so good I think.

:)

Hedgemaster
01-31-2011, 08:31 PM
I drove by and called the lady with an estimate of $30-35 to do her drive. I told her that was for around 4" of snow, and if there were just an inch or two I would do it for much less as it wouldn't take but a few minutes.

She said my price sounded "reasonable"... said that it was in line with what she had heard from others.

She also said she was making a copy and giving my flyer to a friend who lives on the other side of town. :)

Stopped at the UPS Store to make some photocopies of the "3 up" layout of the snow removal flyer and who walks in, but the owner of the local lawn equipment dealer. He recognized me and we chatted a bit. I let him know that I was now 100% "legit" and he would be seeing me, as I need a new mower. I gave him my card and he complimented me on it, so I explained that I'm a graphic designer. (never hurts to throw that out there) "Registered AND Insured" he read aloud... "Very impressive!"
We chatted about snow removal and such for a few more minutes before he left, and then while paying for my copies, the lady at the counter asked about "snow removal", as she overheard us talking. I gave her one of my flyers. :)

After that, I stopped to gas up the truck and containers, and noted that the truck on the other side was like mine. "Great trucks, but it sure hurts the wallet to fill them up", I said to the lady pumping gas. We talked trucks and my business came up (she saw the "snow removal" sign), so I gave her a card, and introduced myself.

In a matter of 20 minutes, I had the opportunity to give my card to three people who all have the potential to help me grow my business in one way or another. You don't always have to "knock on doors", but you should always have business cards on you in case "opportunity knocks".

;)

Growing Green
01-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Great stuff Hedgemaster! Keep this stuff coming as it is very encouraging.

I actually bought a shovel and a tree trimmer today on CL and ended up talking with the guy for about 20 minutes. A really cool guy who is into gardening. I've been wanting to expand my gardening skills and he said he would be more than happy to help me out in areas. He actually asked for my business card and said he would defintely be sending business my way. Who knows what will happen.

Take care,
Matt

Steve
02-01-2011, 05:46 AM
I think what you are doing is a great example of networking. You are going to have a very busy spring, I can already tell. As you meet more people, you are plugging yourself into all their different networks and becoming their go to person.

Hedgemaster
02-01-2011, 06:41 PM
NOTE:

You may or may not be required to apply for a Solicitor's Permit before knocking on doors.

I happened to be thinking about a few things and wondered if I was doing anything "illegal" by going door to door, so today I stopped by three area municipal buildings to ask.

First stop:
Must apply for a permit.
Cost is $10 to apply and fee for permit as follows:
$350/year $200/month $50/Week $10/Day (per applicant)

Second stop:
No solicitation. Period. No knocking on doors, no leaving flyers.
Advertising/flyers must be mailed.

Third stop: (my municipality)
Must apply for permit.
No pricing info at this time. (Person with info was out of the office)

Should I turn myself in?
:D ;)

Steve
02-02-2011, 07:22 AM
So each municipality has different rules on it?

I'd like to know the fine for soliciting! If it is less, I would just rather pay a fine if someone really wanted to make an issue out of it.

What is your view now on all this? How will this effect your plan now?

Hedgemaster
02-02-2011, 10:14 AM
So each municipality has different rules on it?

I'd like to know the fine for soliciting! If it is less, I would just rather pay a fine if someone really wanted to make an issue out of it.

What is your view now on all this? How will this effect your plan now?

Yes, and I live within a mile of where three of them meet, it can get confusing if you don't know where the borders are. Not to mention costly if you wanted a permit to go to more than one of them. Also, the area that has the most potential is the one that doesn't allow soliciting at all.

I don't know what the fine is. I think that unless you're being a pushy prick with people, there isn't likely going to be an issue unless you run into that one person who knows the rules and has nothing better to do than call the police over such things. I mean, I can understand the reasoning for requiring a permit. There are some shady characters out there, and it helps keep the annoyances to a minimum, but that said, why are people allowed to knock on my door every week trying to sell their religion to me? (non-profits need no permit, AND are allowed in the "no solicitation" municipality)

Locally, I'm just going to see how it goes, but this has changed the way I may approach things in other areas.

jymie
02-02-2011, 11:39 AM
They just don't seem to get the concept that the more money you make, the more taxes you can pay to help cover their next unearned pay increases. Why make it easy to help improve the economy. Makes no sense to me.

Hedgemaster
02-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Update:

We've had no snow lately. After I went around handing out snow removal flyers, it warmed up, and we haven't seen a snowflake in a few weeks - until last night. :D

9" when I measured it before bed last night (Ummm... I'm talking about snow accumulation, btw :D ). I started getting calls early yesterday evening. Not a lot of calls, but they were from people I had previously spoken to while going door to door. One more called in the morning - it was the gentleman I mentioned previously who stated "You'll be hearing from me!" Initially I wasn't convinced that he was serious, but we got the snow, and he called. :)

I spent the day clearing driveways with my snowblower and shoveling sidewalks. (eight total) If I hadn't walked around introducing myself a few weeks prior, I would have had ZERO work today. As it stands, I think I made $230, not to mention talk of additional work in the future from some of the customers.

I did pick up one customer today as the result of being at the right place at the right time. I had just wrapped up Mr. I'll be calling you's drive and was ready to load up the blower, when the lady next door came out to shovel.
"If you'd like, I can clear your driveway for you while I'm here". I explained that I was about to load everything up, but would be happy to offer my services - "If you'd like - I just thought I'd offer."

She looked at the snow, pondered it a bit, and I said "I can do the entire driveway for $30-$35 if you're agreeable with that". She asked where I was going to "put it", referring to the snow in regards to the difficult location of buildings on both sides. (no place to throw/shovel it to the side) I told her I could just blow it all "forward", as my snowblower is powerful enough to keep moving it forward. "I'll just blow it right over the hill at the end of the drive, if that's OK".
She was agreeable - I did her drive, played with her dog afterward, and chatted about "my business" for a while.

Oh, yeah, and I gave her my card. :)

Steve
02-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Hopefully some of these snow customers will turn into lawn care customers in the spring!

MICHPLOWER
02-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Hedgemaster,
what did you use to make your snow flyers and also what font did you use.
Great flyers and logo. I to only use snow blowers and shovels to remove snow, this my 2nd year in to it. Good luck!

Hedgemaster
02-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Hedgemaster,
what did you use to make your snow flyers and also what font did you use.
Great flyers and logo. I to only use snow blowers and shovels to remove snow, this my 2nd year in to it. Good luck!

Thanks!
I have the "Adobe Creative Suite", as I'm a graphic designer. I used Adobe InDesign for that particular layout. That said, it isn't anything more than "text", so it could be done with just about anything. (although the drop shadow and heavy outlines were done using "effects" built into that software)

The "Got Snow" and phone number are "Times New Roman" (bold) and sans-serif fonts are Myriad Pro. (bold italic, condensed, and regular)

Steve
02-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Is this design anything you could show us as an example?

Hedgemaster
02-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Is this design anything you could show us as an example?

It was in post #20 in this thread. ;)

It's a pdf attachment, so it's easily overlooked way down there at the bottom of the post.

Nothing fancy. Just a basic flyer specific to snow removal, with mention of other services at the bottom.

psparaco
03-03-2011, 12:54 PM
I can relate hedge as this winter hasnt been as snow plentiful as last winter season was. Last season baltimore recieved about 79.9 inches of snow according to my measurements in my back yard. this year we only recieved 20 inches total. and of all that, only 2 storms dumped 9 inches on 01/26/11 and 5 inches on 02/22/11. the rest were like 1-3 inches each which no one will pay us to clear 1-3 inches of snow. i noticed the light dry snow anyone can clear with a broom to say the least. its the heavy wet snow we get in amounts above 5 inches that we make money from.

The 01/26/11 snow storm i made $200 and the 02/22/11 snow storm i made $255. Most cause i live on the same street and they saw me doing my own. Lucky for me. i mentioned i also do lawn care april to november of the year and had 2 sign contracts with us. The rest of the clients we cleared for are existing clients we had from last year for lawn care and are renewing their contracts for this year.

In regards to going door to door. If chinese carryout dudes can walk door to door putting flyers in your door. why cant you do the same. No one complains about them. Either they throw them out or put a "NO soliciting" sign in their window.

I have for the past 3 years put flyers folded up in their door, sometimes mailbox, grocery store bulletin board. usually when i sign someone i hand them an extra 2-3 flyers and tell them to pass them on if you know of someone in need our the services we provide.

I love the cut an X in the top of the flyer idea but i prefer just wedging the flyer in the door trick. That way they come home, open the door and see the flyer fall out and pick it up and either think hey i need this service or throw it out. I use microsoft publisher to create my flyers. came with my MS office on my new pc i got 3 years ago.

also in regards to the one stage vs 2 stage snowblowers. 1 stage is great for being compact and transport and handling snow thats light and not very deep. and your right it can clear right down to the pavement. 2 stage work great for throwing snow farther away. and can clear twice as fast. i own one of each. although the dam 1 stage is broke. there is an electrical issue with the starter. i need to hook up a volt meter and fix it this spring sometime.

Hedgemaster
03-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I'm not really sweating the "solicitation permit", except for the area where they don't allow it "at all" - there I could see the potential for "issues".

Funny this got bumped, as I was out walking the dog today and decided it was time to make some "spring" flyers and start going door to door once more.

I'll post up what I come up with.

Steve
03-04-2011, 01:40 AM
I am looking forwards to hearing the updates from that! It's gonna be a great year!