PDA

View Full Version : UltraCut Series 6 any real problems form owners

Steve's Lawn Care
01-12-2011, 12:31 AM
hello this will be my 3rd year in business and after last year things really grew for me ill be mowing close to 80 accounts as of now this coming season and am replacing all the equipment with new stuff to improve my productivity and better my cutting. first i dont want this to turn into one of those scag vs exmark threads lol from doing lots of reading of this form ive heard lots of good things about the velocity plus scag deck and really there hasn't been much bad sad about it and its cut quality. i have also been looking into exmark but it seems like ppl no matter where always seem to bash exmark and say they clump horrible and are horrible in wet conditions. there is but one guy in my area that runs a scag the only house he cuts around here always looks very nice. all the other companies run either bobcat( because they are cheaper) or a mix of exmark and other brands. A friend of mine owns to exmark tt's and loves them and ive seen his yards and they look very nice no clumps or any of the bashing i have read about? and he mows early in the morning with dew. The exmark dealer is amazing when it comes to parts or service and the owner new a tone about the mower and answered every question i had. the scag dealer didnt no very much about the machine at all he couldnt even tell me what the blade tip speed was and he had very little answers to the questions i had. the scag dealer said he could get me any part in 2 to 4 days max!!!! that would put me a long time behind. the exmark dealer said either that day or first thing the next morning depending on when i placed the order. id buy the exmark but have read so much hate on the ultracut deck clumping that im kinda afraid to at this point. and demo is out of the question cuz its the dead of winter but need the mower for spring start up. i live in eastern ohio its kinda damp in the mornings but normally is gone by around 10.

Steve
01-13-2011, 02:13 AM
Did anyone have any thoughts on this mower they could share?

thumper
02-01-2011, 04:07 PM
I have two exmarks, one trivantage and one ultra cut deck. They both cut great, very little clumping when it's wet in the morning, perfect when its dry. All ultra decks are the same, just the series 6 deck has beefier spindles, they are triton deck spindles.

wandfsmall
02-01-2011, 06:13 PM
I would ask about that parts delivery I know of next day if the order is placed on time but same day, only if his distributor is in the same town and drives after the part. But a good dealer is nice to have for parts and tech support if nothing else.