PDA

View Full Version : wil-ro landscaping beds

calebmoss
01-09-2011, 06:42 PM
i know the owners of this company i just wanted you all to check out these landscaping beds they build

http://www.wil-ro.com/content/landscpae_truc/landscpae_truc.asp

Hedgemaster
01-09-2011, 11:03 PM
I was expecting flower beds.

:o

Steve
01-11-2011, 02:56 AM
LOL I was too actually.

Those trucks look really neat and I must say that removable dovetail is a wild design I have yet to see.

Do you know any of their story on how they got started? I'd love to hear it.

calebmoss
01-12-2011, 08:39 PM
WIL-RO HISTORY

In 1970, Roger and Bill Anderson built their first equipment trailer to use on their farm. A friend came by the farm and told them that if they put sides on the trailer, he knew someone who would buy it. They built a few more and they sold, as well.

They moved the business to a small manufacturing facility in Gallatin, Tennessee in February of 1973 and incorporated in March as Wil-Ro, Inc., a combination of the brothers’ names: William (Wil) and Roger (Ro). Business expansion included adding cattle and horse trailers to the product line.

In 1979, because the business continued to grow, the company moved to its current location, a larger facility just outside of Gallatin with 12,500 square feet of manufacturing space. Gooseneck and farm body production began in 1980.
By 1984 two additional expansions were added bringing the manufacturing area to a total of 24,450 square feet.

During the early 1990’s, the production of truck bodies grew to consume over half of the company’s manufacturing capabilities. A year of change came in 1998 when Wil-Ro discontinued the manufacture of cattle and horse trailers in order to increase the manufacture of truck bodies. The last production trailer was built in 2004 to leave truck bodies as the sole product manufactured by Wil-Ro, Inc.

In 2000, the interior conversion for Freightliner Trucks was started to complement the hauler bodies.
Our current main lines of truck bodies are platform, platform dump, landscaper, and hauler bodies.
Mr. Anderson and his son Reid are active daily in the business overseeing production and quality of Wil-Ro products

I go to church with Reid and he is going to heip me get the metal to build my trailer.

Steve
01-13-2011, 02:54 AM
What a great story!

Did you ever get a chance to get a walk through tour of the facility? I bet that would be awesome!

I'd love to hear some of the advice they offer you as well.

calebmoss
01-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Yes i have walked through the shop and they said i could come back anytime.

they also use products from this company that are pretty neat
http://www.trimmertrap.com/

Steve
01-14-2011, 02:45 AM
Maybe they will hook you up with a discount to get some new equipment :)

calebmoss
01-14-2011, 08:16 PM
They are helping me with the metal and lights for my trailer.

the lights will be from a truck bed from where they have put flatbeds on.

Steve
01-16-2011, 02:34 AM
That is fantastic! I want to see pictures of it!

When you talk to Reid or his father do you ever get a chance to talk about where they will take the business into the future? It would be interesting to hear how far ahead they look with their business plan and how important they feel it is to do that.

Then maybe knowing the importance of such forward thinking, this could be applied to your business as well.

950thomas
02-01-2011, 09:33 AM
just bought a bed from wil ro they make a great product

Steve
02-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Can you show us a picture of what you got and tell us why you chose that one.

950thomas
02-02-2011, 05:38 PM
I had put up a pic on best truck and trailer contest I bought that type of bed because I have been using landscaper beds for 10 years and u can save the bed and just by another cab and chassie to put it on

950thomas
02-02-2011, 06:36 PM
ford lcf 20000lb wait limit 21 foot wil ro bed

Steve
02-03-2011, 05:18 AM
That is very nice! So ultimately these beds can outlast the truck they are mounted too? I never thought of that!