PDA

View Full Version : Please check this out

UnitedEnvironment.com
12-06-2006, 01:50 AM
Hey guys, we just finished editing together the final episode of Lost in NJ that took place two days before my closest friend and editor of UnitedEnvironment.com past away. Mike Wills loved taking trips to the weirdest locations NJ had to offer, and even though he suffered from muscular dystrophy, he always kept a smile on his face each day.
All he ever wanted was for people to recognize his work on these videos, and so I am hoping some of you would watch the episode just posted on www.unitedenvironment.com and when the episode is over there is a link to go to his forum. PLease give your opinions of the episode there.

The episode is of Shades of Death Rd. In Great Meadows NJ

hope you enjoy it as much as he enjoyed making it.
Plus yours truly is in the episode as well.

Steve
12-06-2006, 08:04 AM
Is it just my system or is there no audio in that movie file?

UnitedEnvironment.com
12-06-2006, 10:19 AM
your system, ive seen it on more than one computer, works fine.

Steve
12-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Ok I am trying it again. I think I am having problems loading the file through my web browser. I am trying to a direct download from here http://www.unitedenvironment.com/shadesofdeath1.wmv

Steve
12-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Ok I got it working. Neat stuff. It kind of reminds me of Weird NJ. The scenery and subject matter plays well into your horror movie concepts! Nice!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/televisedxwar/aprileightteenth003.jpg

John/Logo-Mechanix
12-06-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm from NJ and have been on that road before, you wouldn't think there would be so many weird places in such a small state, but there are.

UnitedEnvironment.com
12-06-2006, 08:05 PM
ya, there are a lot of places in NJ
if you click the more episodes link under the videos there are a few other cool places, but i only edited two of them, so the others are kinda shaky. The paulinskill viaduct one was pretty cool as well.

Steve
12-06-2006, 08:39 PM
What's the plan as to how you pull these episodes and the Ratred movie together?

will they be used to cross promote each other or how will all that work?

UnitedEnvironment.com
12-07-2006, 06:19 AM
well, the videos started out as mikes hobby really, but I found there is actually a market for them. Now that we have the film coming up, they will be used to cross promote eachother a bit. We are calling them location scout features, and they will go on the website and the dvd. Ghost Lake will only be featured very briefly in the film. Like a maximum of about 1 minute. There will be a march of about 100 or so members of the killers cult across the path in the middle of the lake.

Steve
12-07-2006, 06:51 AM
That is going to be awesome!

There really is a lot of potential material you could do these episodes on. A quick internet search will pull up tons of haunted nj locations. It makes you wonder if you could develop this more as a series where you are on the hunt for signs or clues on Ratred. Places the cult has met in the past. Maybe it could be the the tv show the fugitive where no matter how hard you press your investigation, you are always a few steps behind the group.

Then maybe you could change it up where you become the hunted and the group starts watching your videos and chasing after you and your team.

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

UnitedEnvironment.com
12-07-2006, 04:40 PM
umm wow, someone liked what they got for christmas

not really a bad idea, ill pitch it to the studio, they want to do something with webisodes leading up to the release of the film.

Steve
12-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Well keep us posted.

You could look up strange spooky places in the area and then take the story and twist it a bit to relate to the Ratred story.

What if you organized tours! Or maybe some kind of geo-cashing events. Like a scavenger hunt where you set up clues on your website and in your web-episodes and then you ask for the viewers to help you solve the 'crimes' that had been committed at the locations by the Ratred group.

Something that is interactive and then you hide these clues and tell a story where you think these clues are hidden, but your team can not find them and you need help.

When people go out to find these clues they will be encouraged to post on your site or forum what they found to help you all solve the crime.

You're team becomes like a csi hot on the trail of Ratred. Analyzing clues and data to find what they might do next.

UnitedEnvironment.com
12-08-2006, 05:30 PM
I like that idea, I think i will take a real long look at that possibility.

the big task we have at hand right now is getting the funds. w need to raise about 2 million dollars to make the film, and thats without actors/actresses. 2 mill covers the production of the film, not talent. I need to find some investors for the project to get fully underway. We of course have a full business plan, budget, portfolio from the studio etc.
any ideas???

Steve
12-08-2006, 06:38 PM
If you ask me, I'd say do the entire project on the cheap. Dirt cheap.

Make the movie with $0 budget. Have everyone take part in it for free.

I bet there are a ton of people who would love to get involved and they could help create a buzz too.

Plenty of movies have been made on an absolute dirt cheap budget.

You are very creative and you can get this done.

If the The Blair Witch Project was made for $35,000, it is possible to make one under that amount as well.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0185937/business

The original Friday the 13th was filmed near you too

Camp Nobebosco - 11 Sand Pond Road, Blairstown, New Jersey, USA

and Hope, New Jersey, USA

http://imdb.com/title/tt0080761/locations

I wouldn't wait for someone to invest. I would start shooting today. Make the best one you can. Make it as an intro to the story. Have this movie multipart so it can grow as you find more success.

Why not? You can make it happen.

Get your web episodes up online now. Build buzz. Take advantage of your personal situation. You are young and creative, run with it!

What's your take?

UnitedEnvironment.com
12-08-2006, 10:14 PM
not possible, we already have an actual studio on board to produce the film.
HarringtonTalents.com
if you care to check out there work.

To be honest, the script is too good to do cheap, It wouldnt be fair to the story to make it on such a low budget. However it can be done for 2 million really well. Thats what saw was done on, and saw is a much better film than the blair witch project. Granted there are scenes in this film that can be done for nothing other than the cost to shoot, and maybe something small for a few actors, but then there are scenes that are extremely intense, and will cost a lot in props and locations.

Unfortunately, I have no choice but to get the money if this is to be made. The studio will of course be helping us in obtaining the funds, but every little bit helps

Steve
12-09-2006, 09:35 AM
Quote[/b] ]we already have an actual studio on board to produce the film.

What do they do for you? What services do they provide you?