PDA

View Full Version : Site Traffic Update

The Cleaning Doctor
01-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Although the traffic is still rising, the site is doing very well. Here is a quote from a web site grading tool for DeckStainingTips.com.

Your website has an Alexa rank of 744,083 which is in the top 2.39 % of all websites.

ConcreteSealingTips.com is right behind it. Now mind you, this site is 1 month and 3 weeks old.

Steve
01-09-2011, 03:13 PM
WOW! That is fantastic!

Does a higher alexa rank translate into higher search engine ranking?

So for instance if I do a search for concrete sealing tips, should your site now rank near the top?

The Cleaning Doctor
01-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Not necessarily. Alexa is a measure of traffic to your site. It has nothing to do with search engines.

Since I have posted this originally, the ranking has go to 720,xxx

Gopher Forum has a rank of 184,616 today just to give you a measure of how many hits the site gets.

Steve
01-09-2011, 05:00 PM
That is very interesting!

I bet in a short period of time you will be blasting past the forum as far as hits goes!

ritchiem
01-21-2011, 12:22 AM
Not to put a damper on the parade, but...

Alexa isn't entirely accurate, because it relies on statistical sampling that isn't random. Alexa achieves its ranking system by counting how many pages were visited by people who have downloaded their toolbar.

Now I am not throwing your ranking out the window, not at all. But if you wish to truly get a good representation on how your website is doing, work with Google analytics and page rankings. Traffic is good, but target traffic is king.

The Cleaning Doctor
01-21-2011, 01:45 AM
I understand exactly how Alexa gets their rankings. And I agree that it is not perfect. As a matter of fact most traffic is not even measured by Alexa. I do have analytics running and it is doing very well for a site that went live on October 14th. Analytics gives me the keywords used to find the site also. Very good information to have.

The important thing is that for those that have signed up for the site and gotten their businesses listed, the site shows up in their local areas. You can't beat that for free to the contractor.

Don't get me wrong, I am trying to make $$$ off the site (but not from the contractors) and so far doing well. The idea is that combined efforts will far outweigh individual efforts and in some cases it has shown up 3x on the front page in some local areas. What this means is that there are 3 fewer slots for your competition to show up there. In one case between this site and one business owner's sites they show up 7 times on the front page. Only one competitor shows up there. The rest of the results are things like merchant circle and angies list.

ritchiem
01-21-2011, 01:56 AM
I agree with you...nobody should focus on just one aspect of SEO / SEM. Hence the facebook.com pages I utilize and the youtube videos we make. If you know what you are doing, you can reach page one ranks within a couple of days. No small feat however not just anyone can put it all together.

I was also looking into the loading time for your deck website and have some ideas I would like to bounce off of you.

The Cleaning Doctor
01-21-2011, 04:44 AM
Love to hear the ideas. The day you stop learning is the day you need to give it up.