PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm new!

Junior Perez
01-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Hi im Junior,my company is called yards done right lawn service.Hoping to become my own boss.Dont have a whole lot just two push mowers and a weedeater,dont have a trailor YET but im gettin one.I put out flyers,lets wait an see what happens..By the way i'ts awesome to be on the Gopher Forum!!

Steve
01-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your own business?

Junior Perez
01-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Well I wanna become my own boss i see so many other yard business comming up,and I also have friend who works with me and he does yard service on the side, and hes really doin good so you can say I kind envious of him,but I wanna do it for the right reasons,not just because I see him doin it but because I wanna do it also.But all an all I really wanna do somethin with my life,cause with my cookin job I'm really not goin anywhere,and well in a nut shell thats the reason why I wanna start a lawn business,to bcome my own boss!!

Thank You

Steve
01-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Junior,

Do you feel there are things you would like to do but can't do yet for one reason or another. Or do you feel like you might enjoy this field and you are going to give it some time to see?

Junior Perez
01-10-2011, 07:59 AM
**-Quote (Originally by Junior Perez)**-
Hi Steve my name is Junior,and I just started a lawn business,and was wonderin to start off.Do I have to have license and insurance.Also all I have is two push mowers and a weedeater no trailor yet,the only way I can get around is to put the mowers in the back of my blazer I havent had any replies to my flyers yet,but I did just put them out last month though, anyways back to the question at hand,what I wanted to know is do people care what you look like,if I show up with mowers hanging out the back of my blazer will they not want me to do there lawn? I intend to get a trailor just dont have the money for it yet.So what do you think?
**-End Quote**-

Steve
01-11-2011, 02:09 AM
First off, everyone has to start somewhere and there is no shame in starting with what you have.

As we have seen on the forum, over time, as your business grows, you will find it is important to look as professional as possible. The more you do, the more profit you can potentially command from a job. This does go hand in hand with growth in your abilities to perform the job.

Getting some kind of uniform shirt/hat/pants is an easy way to start on your path of looking professional with low cost to you.

Keep us posted on how everything goes.