PDA

View Full Version : fuel prices

snakeman
01-02-2011, 11:16 AM
hey just read where they are saying that gas is gonna hit4 dollars a gallon again so my question is if this comes to fruition[ love those college words lol] will you slightly increase your prices or grin and bear it? thanks for any all replies

Hedgemaster
01-02-2011, 11:24 AM
No. That isn't how business works. If your costs increase, you do not pass it along to the consumer.

No, wait... that's exactly how it works.

snakeman
01-02-2011, 11:28 AM
yeah that what figured just wanted another opinion. thanks

JMADEWELL09
01-02-2011, 11:29 AM
gas prices where i live are around 3.21 a gallon and if the gas keeps moving up then yah i am going to increase prices to pay for gas when gas was around 2.25 i was paying out from $800-$1000.00 a month in gas. 2 years ago i increased my prices from 2-5 dollars per time per yard. there is only 2 gas stations in my town so if i want cheap gas i have to drive about 60 miles to vegas where i can get gas around 2.90 right now. So when i make a trip into las vegas which is usally 1-2 days aweek, I take 5 gallons cans and fill them up and use them instead of buying gas at my local cstore.

wellbiz
01-02-2011, 11:55 AM
hey just read where they are saying that gas is gonna hit4 dollars a gallon again so my question is if this comes to fruition[ love those college words lol] will you slightly increase your prices or grin and bear it? thanks for any all replies

I have been keeping an eye on this and if gas exceeds $4 a gallon I will probably end up having to pass the cost on to my clients. Dont want to, but I would rather loose a few clients then loose my business.

picframer
01-02-2011, 02:07 PM
It's an operational expense and as such it get's passed on, gas here is $4.96 a gallon, when we are in full swing we averaged $97.80 a day in fuel last summer so it add's up pretty fast.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
01-02-2011, 04:14 PM
ouch we still ave 2.80s here.

unsure what will happen I charge enough for $4 to be ok but it still hurts. Past that will have to increase.

Lol speak of the devil news talking 5$ a gallon as I am writing this. I really hope it doesnt go that high. I believe its just going to slow this economy recovery but thats another topic.

snakeman
01-02-2011, 05:45 PM
hey mountainview that gas mess sure do suck. i lived in phoenix until about 1982 over on 73rd and encanto blvd. i remember goin out to the white tanks and riding dirtbikes. aint been back there but sure did love it and want to see it again. is there a short grass named tiff seems like there was. real short like golf course. hope economy get better. have a good one

MountainViewGreenskeeper
01-03-2011, 12:15 AM
hey mountainview that gas mess sure do suck. i lived in phoenix until about 1982 over on 73rd and encanto blvd. i remember goin out to the white tanks and riding dirtbikes. aint been back there but sure did love it and want to see it again. is there a short grass named tiff seems like there was. real short like golf course. hope economy get better. have a good one

Ya lot has changed since then. what used to be farm area is all housing just about. I service the east valley(Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe and parts of Queen Creek) witch most of that probably didnt connect then. Its all one big city now.

A lot of the riding areas are closed witch is dumb cause lots of people have fewer chioces to ride so more accidents. I think a lot of people have just stopped riding all together cause everything usually pretty busy.

As for the grass it is all hybrid bermuda grass with tiff being one of them. But there is tiffway tiffgreen tiffdwarf tiff etc... but ya they golf course grasses. Real nice and fine bladed grass. Not real common as a home owners grass.

Not that thats where this convo was going but thats where my name comes from "greenskeeper" I would like to install it and upkeep it. Fill a nitch I think it would. Always people that want something different and looks better.

Steve
01-05-2011, 06:57 PM
At what point do you feel customers will balk at an increase in gas prices and how do you think they will deal with it?

Do you feel at a certain point they will cut back to bi-weekly cuts or simply cancel their lawn service?