PDA

View Full Version : Holiday lighting business insight

Steve
12-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Some interesting insight for exterior and holiday lighting services.

How many companies in your area offer exterior lighting services?

What gave you the inspiration for Lights of Christmas? (http://www.al.com/business/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/business/1165142389162700.xml&coll=2&thispage=1) - My husband, Kim, and I lived out West for a number of years, and exterior decorating was extremely popular. Every house in our neighborhood would go all out to decorate.

We, of course, did as well and were asked by family and friends to assist them in doing theirs, which we did. Upon moving back to Birmingham, I noticed that this was not being done, so I set out on a crusade to bring the joy and lights back into exterior lighting during the holidays and year round as well.

Why do homeowners and businesses put so much emphasis on putting up lights?

Everyone remembers their childhood and the fond memories of Christmas - going out with their families and friends to look at the lights here in downtown Birmingham. We used to go look at the animated windows and stay there for hours.

Now that we have so many different shopping centers staying open in the evenings, people are out and about. When they see lights, everyone wants to see what's going on and enjoy the sights. If they stop, there is a good chance they will be buying and this helps the merchants.