PDA

View Full Version : pinstraw and striping

snakeman
12-30-2010, 11:21 AM
hey just a newbie question or two. im in georgia and we have a gazzilion pine trees. it worse to deal with than leaves so how do yall deal with it. will the high power mowers mulch it up ok or just have to rake it up and dispose of it. how does the striper work on a lawn job. know you buy a striper kit for mower but what makes the stripe. thanks for any and all replies. dont ya love the redneck puncuation? lol

jklawncare
12-30-2010, 01:00 PM
hey just a newbie question or two. im in georgia and we have a gazzilion pine trees. it worse to deal with than leaves so how do yall deal with it. will the high power mowers mulch it up ok or just have to rake it up and dispose of it. how does the striper work on a lawn job. know you buy a striper kit for mower but what makes the stripe. thanks for any and all replies. dont ya love the redneck puncuation? lol

i have a bit of pine trees here in indiana..all we do is we blow them into bigger piles..they usually roll up like a blankets from being stuck together..and throw them into a bag and haul them off..anything left over gets hit with the lawn mower durring our regular routine and bagged in that area and usually its all gone..whirly birds are the real issue haha

as far as stripers you can make your own or by one..google up a few ways..i did my own and it works great..

how it works is it bends the grass down in the direction your mowing and light bounces off of it in different ways creating the stripe..all it is, is light bouncing in your face (light strips) and light bouncing away (dark stripes)

snakeman
12-30-2010, 01:17 PM
thanks jk thats helpful info. how exactly did you build yours. im a mechanic and have plenty of tools and material to work with. im ready for springtime. i am only gonna be able work from time wife gets off work till dark as i quit my job and doing the mr mom thing which i enjoy but got some leads and work lined up already thank goodness. have a great day

jklawncare
12-30-2010, 01:39 PM
thanks jk thats helpful info. how exactly did you build yours. im a mechanic and have plenty of tools and material to work with. im ready for springtime. i am only gonna be able work from time wife gets off work till dark as i quit my job and doing the mr mom thing which i enjoy but got some leads and work lined up already thank goodness. have a great day

lots of different ways
what i did was i took a piece of pvc (3/4" i think ill check for you)
capped one end of it with a pvc cap (make sure you glue it up real tight)
fill it with rock sand or anything like that(i used pea gravel)
cap the other end of the tube

(before you put the caps on i should have mentioned to bolt in 2 eye bolts..one on each side)

then zip tie the ends to the back of the mower..keep it raised off the ground about half an inch so it drags across but dosnt bend it down too much

make sure the whole thing is about the width of the inside of your wheels..

snakeman
12-30-2010, 02:13 PM
thanks jk you really helpful to this lawncare business virgin. lol