PDA

View Full Version : paying help

barry
12-29-2010, 07:55 AM
is anyone paying their help by the lawn and how dos that work.

Steve
12-29-2010, 05:53 PM
I bet you could come up with a % per job.

What would you normally pay the employee to mow an average sized lawn? Then from that you could figure a % and apply it to future lawn jobs.

Would that work?

barry
12-30-2010, 09:49 AM
I bet you could come up with a % per job.

What would you normally pay the employee to mow an average sized lawn? Then from that you could figure a % and apply it to future lawn jobs.

Would that work?

I pay 10 a hour. I had some employee tell me they got paid by the yard and i want to know if anyone else is doing this. How does this work?

Growing Green
12-30-2010, 11:38 AM
I pay 10 a hour. I had some employee tell me they got paid by the yard and i want to know if anyone else is doing this. How does this work?

Have you gone through the school yet that Steve setup? There is two lessons on this and it helped me so much. It would answer these questions for you and help you out.

Some of the lessons are called:

- "Incentives to get employees to sell more"
- "What keeps your lawn business small"

Matt

Steve
12-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Some of the lessons are called:

- "Incentives to get employees to sell more"
- "What keeps your lawn business small"

What lessons do you feel you were able to pull from that and apply to your business?

Growing Green
12-30-2010, 08:47 PM
What lessons do you feel you were able to pull from that and apply to your business?

Hi Steve,
I've often wondered how I was going to pay my employees once I get them. I'm barely in my 3rd week so will be a while before I hire. Not all those lessons applied to me such as "snow" lessons being I live in South Texas and those that talk about employees, but it will be a great reference and something I will defintely go back to once I start hiring.

One thing I did like about those lessons is "not" to be greedy. I want the employees to feel that this is their company too. I want them to be rewarded for hard work and those lessons really gave me some good ideas about giving them a percentage for each yard and to also pay them a bonus if they refer customers.

Matt

jymie
12-30-2010, 09:28 PM
I usually will pay a bit more to my guys when we do mulch installs. That really seems to help the overall attitude more positive among them.

JL ProCut
12-30-2010, 10:34 PM
I pay hourly and sometimes give a bonus on side jobs like mulch or clean ups.

I would personally stay away from % pay scale unless you are subbing out work to another company.

Growing Green
12-31-2010, 12:44 AM
I pay hourly and sometimes give a bonus on side jobs like mulch or clean ups.

I would personally stay away from % pay scale unless you are subbing out work to another company.

Why do you stay away from % pay? Does the help rush through job just to get to next lawn?

Matt

Steve
01-05-2011, 05:22 PM
A couple of times, bonuses have been talked about here. Can those that give bonuses, give us an example of a job and how you figure out when to give them and how much the percentage should be?