PDA

View Full Version : New Cleaning Solutions Available

xtreamclean
12-28-2010, 07:36 AM
We have a small company in Charlotte, NC called X-Tream Clean Products. We manufacture cleaning solutions designed for the powersports industry and recently have been migrating our product line over to the lawn care equipment industry with great results. Our product line of cleaners are designed to clean any surafce without harm. They are phosphate free, biodegradable, non-corrosive, non-toxic and environmentally friendly. Our lead cleaning solution is our MX ATV Wash, which is currently being used by many in the lawn care business to clean mowers, tractors, blowers, trimmers etc. It is a spray and rinse product that can be used on metals, plastic, rubber, aluminum, paint and clear coats without harm. We also have a product called Mud Guard that is a polymer based product that helps keep debris from sticking hard to a surface thus making cleaning faster and easier. Red Roost Degreaser is an overall general purpose degreaser that can be used on any surface. Quick Hit Detail Spray is a quick shine and protect product that really pops color and turns black to black. More information on the entire product line can be found at www.mxwash.com (http://www.mxwash.com). Please feel free to contact me anytime at mark@mxwash.com or 704-236-4391 if you have any questions. There is a listing on the site for dealers that carry our product line.
http://www.xtreamclean.com/images/stories/xtc_1_6_v_ad%20copy.jpg

Steve
12-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Hi Mark,

Welcome to our forum.

Something you might want to consider is sending out a couple of sample to some of the members that can try them out and help you create more buzz about your product in the industry.

xtreamclean
12-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Hi Mark,

Welcome to our forum.

Something you might want to consider is sending out a couple of sample to some of the members that can try them out and help you create more buzz about your product in the industry.

Sounds like a good idea.

How about the first 3 people that email me at mark@mxwash.com will receive a 32 oz spray of our wash product. Please place "Try Wash" in the subject line of the email. Don't forget to include shipping address and name in the email as well.

As soon as I receive the 3 emails I will post the winners here.

Thanks again!

Steve
12-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Mark,

That is fantastic! Thank you so much! I hope everyone takes part in it. Let us know if you do!

How did you all get this business started initially? I bet there is a fascinating story behind it all.

xtreamclean
12-30-2010, 07:39 AM
Mark,

That is fantastic! Thank you so much! I hope everyone takes part in it. Let us know if you do!

How did you all get this business started initially? I bet there is a fascinating story behind it all.

It all pretty much started when my son began to race motocross. At the time we were new to the sport and just like anyone else new to a sport you start asking questions as to what people use for oils, gas mixtures, different bike parts, cleaners and anything else that will help you learn more about what you are doing.

From those conversations I saw a need for a product that people could use without worrying about whether it would harm their aluminum, power coating, anodized parts, decals, paint and to try and get them away from using a "house hold" general purpose cleaner. I also wanted to have a product that was environmentally friendly and a product that was more than just a "soap" or general purpose cleaner. Our first product was our MX ATV Wash which is comprised of detergents to lift debris film, a polymer to help keep debris from sticking hard, waxes for shine and liquid sheeting and corrosion inhibitors to fight those issues. It was born from that old saying, "I think I can do that better" and be able to offer a product that has more benefits and value added characteristics and off we went.

From that came the idea of a cleaning solutions line that is more dedicated towards the powersports industry. I talked to some friends, which are in the auto care products business, and we put our heads together and came up with X-Tream Clean Products. Our initial game plan was marketing toward the powersports market, which is where we started. Then we began to get feedback from customers telling us they were using the products for all kinds of things. So from that we started to get into bicycles, karting, RC vehicles and lawn care equipment. The lawn care part came from one of my partner’s friends that owns a lawn care/landscape business and rides motocross as well. He started using it on all his lawn equipment and passed on the good news how well the products worked for that purpose.

xtreamclean
12-30-2010, 11:15 AM
We have some winners of the product trials and we thank them for replying to the offer:

Justin in Indiana
Trevor in Michigan
Matt in Texas

Thanks again guys and products will be on their way.

Steve
12-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Mark,

That is a great story.

Do you have videos online yet that show off your product being used on different equipment and even lawn care equipment?

Such things can help drive more traffic to your site.

TNT Family Lawn Care
12-30-2010, 08:29 PM
looking forward to try your cleaning products thank you for the free sample
will give you feed back when i use it

Trev

Steve
12-31-2010, 12:28 PM
Oh another thing I wanted to ask you is if you had any business advice for other new business owners that are reading this?

Any do's or don'ts that you have found to work?

xtreamclean
01-03-2011, 07:35 AM
It’s that old saying again and again, keep digging. We are still very small and still trying to find our way and we keep our noses to the ground looking for new avenues to get our products onto shelves.

Best approach is to have a great product/service and back it up, offer quick service, offer a fair price, be honest, be open to criticism and new ideas and most importantly to make your customer happy. We have always “followed up” with customers after a purchase from us just to see if they had any issues with the products and to get feedback from them about how well they worked. Of course it is always wise to watch your dollars especially with ad budgets and where to place advertising whether its print or web. This might sound silly, but always return calls or answer emails even if it sounds like the silliest question or the worst bashing you have ever received.

Steve
01-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Do you find that you are constantly looking for marketing ideas and try gorilla marketing tactics or do you feel it is better to use marketing methods others in your industry use?

How important do you feel it is to keep with the pack when it comes to marketing or how important is it to be different in every way, shape or form you can be?

xtreamclean
01-11-2011, 02:08 PM
For everyone that is a user of this forum we would like to offer you a 15% discount on orders for X-Tream Clean Products. You can find information about our product line at www.mxwash.com (http://www.mxwash.com).

We realize that this is not the best time of year for cleaning lawn equipment so the discount will run until the end of March 2011.

Our online ordering system currently does not accept "discount codes" so please place orders by calling 704-236-4391 and be sure to let us know that you are from the Gopher forum.

We have flat rate shipping of $10.00 for orders under $70.00 and FREE shipping for orders over $70.00.

Thanks!

Steve
01-12-2011, 02:00 AM
That is great! Thank you!

Also, are you looking for distributors of your product in different areas? Could any of the members help you out with that in their area?

xtreamclean
01-19-2011, 07:13 AM
Yes, we are looking for distributors for our product line.

Steve
01-20-2011, 01:10 AM
As you look into different niches to sell your product, do you feel it would at all be successful to create different names or products that reflected those niches?

For instance, with dirtbikes, the Xtream Clean name seems to be on par.

But say for the lawn care and landscaping industry, would it be worthwhile to create another brand, even if it were the same ingredients? For instance, naming the product, Mower Clean or something like that? Then on the bottle, have a picture of a mower on it?

xtreamclean
01-20-2011, 06:55 AM
In general we like to keep the brand name, X-Tream Clean, on each product and create a new label for the intended market. As an example we found many street bikers did not want to purchase the MX ATV Wash so we have our Street Cycle Wash label. In this case the products are the same except for the dyes used for color.

Once we feel we are gaining ground in a certain market we will have labels designed and printed for that specific market like Mower Wash as you suggested.

Steve
01-21-2011, 01:22 AM
That is fascinating!

Have you played around with affiliate marketing yet and do you think that would be worthwhile? Where say lawn care business owners could have links on their sites to your website that include an affiliate code, so when the product is ordered, they are payed a certain %?

Also maybe you could create some sample use containers, maybe in some kind of single use packet container like this one.http://www.austinhouse.com/images/products/17007FW00_full.jpg

And then you could work with an equipment manufacturer to have the packet attached to a new piece of machinery. A mower, trimmer, blower, etc. That could help you branch out and reach new potential customers.

xtreamclean
01-31-2011, 08:37 AM
That is fascinating!

Have you played around with affiliate marketing yet and do you think that would be worthwhile? Where say lawn care business owners could have links on their sites to your website that include an affiliate code, so when the product is ordered, they are payed a certain %?

Also maybe you could create some sample use containers, maybe in some kind of single use packet container like this one.http://www.austinhouse.com/images/products/17007FW00_full.jpg

And then you could work with an equipment manufacturer to have the packet attached to a new piece of machinery. A mower, trimmer, blower, etc. That could help you branch out and reach new potential customers.

We have thought about the affiliate program, but I am not up to speed on all the details for links and codes to pay affiliates. I will have to talk to our website guru on that.

The sample packs attached to equipment is a great idea and is something we are looking at. We have some equipment manufactures based in Charlotte that we have targeted, but we have to work out the program first.

Steve
02-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Keep us posted as you grow and get into these different markets more!