PDA

View Full Version : Pricing spring clean up

clandscaping44
12-27-2010, 09:19 PM
Hey everyone. happy holiday's. hope all is well. i need some help on pricing weekly lawn maintenance. Its winter here in new york. But i would like to have an outline on how to charge for weekly lawn maintnenance before the mowing season arrives. Going back to recent posts that one account i had, I did weed-wacking,mowing, and blowing. I did that for $25, I pretty much broke my butt at that point. Most of the guys in my market (neighborhood) I am friends with and i know they are charging... $30 to $40 a lawn. I dont want to be copying them but I need a good system on how to price a lawn maintnenace job profitably, unfortunately im not good with all that sq.ft stuff. If anyone has advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks have a Happy New Year

Charlie's Landscaping

Lawndogg
12-27-2010, 09:36 PM
First, if you don't call it "weed-wacking", you can charge more. :)
Second, I would consider changing your company name to something more relevant to the services that you provide. As for your fear of "copying" your competition..."copy" as much as you possibly can without infringing on somebody's copyrights. I'm sure you've heard the ole addage..."the best ideas are usually somebody's else's." In other words, surround yourself with successful people and soak as much information as possible, then replicate what makes them successful, after tweaking them a little to fit your personality and style. If you prices are cheap, your target market will feel that the service you provide will be cheap also. You need to charge a fair price and provide a superior service. Hope this helps.
Aaron
Champion Lawn & Landscape

Steve
12-28-2010, 12:58 PM
one account i had, I did weed-wacking,mowing, and blowing. I did that for $25, I pretty much broke my butt at that point. Most of the guys in my market (neighborhood) I am friends with and i know they are charging... $30 to $40 a lawn. I dont want to be copying them but I need a good system on how to price a lawn maintnenace job profitably, unfortunately im not good with all that sq.ft stuff.

With that job, what would you liked to have charged? What would have made it more worthwhile for you?

Also, how many sq.ft. would that property be?

Once you know what you want to charge and have a sample property size of what you worked on you can do this

(price divided by sq.ft.) = price per sqft

You can then use that as a rule of thumb to compare your other properties to.