PDA

View Full Version : New to the business

camburn44
12-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Chris and i am the owner and opperatior of Green Feet Lawn Care I just started my company in July 2010. I am up to about 155 weekly customers. I bought a friend out which started me with about 95 customers. I am really interested in how some of the seasoned professional on here get everything going again in the spring. I am located in Weatherford Texas but I do most of my business in the DFW motroplex which is about 40 minutes away from me. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add or better the services I already provide. I mow, trim, edge, blow clippings, trim shrubs and very little tree work. Don't really know how to do or bid tree work yet. Any suggestions would be helpful. I look forward to any and all responses and I will keep reading this site.

LawnStylist
12-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Welcome Chris. Wow 155 accounts, that's great, how many crews do you have? Its going to be my first year this spring (2011). I can only dream of 155 accounts. i wasn't afforded the luxury of buying pre-existing accounts, lol. i'm looking forward to starting this company though, and growing it in to at least half of what you have. good luck, and enjoy being your own boss.

camburn44
12-25-2010, 12:47 AM
I have me and 3 guys and only work 5 days a week. I am hoping to add 2 more guys this year so it will be 2 3 man crews. Should be able to expand to hopefully 200 - 225 lawns by the end of the 2011 growing season. Got to dreaming big.

Steve
12-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Welcome to our forum Chris.

You sound like you are doing a fantastic job!

How did adding all those additional customers effect your operations? Did you previously have a lot of capacity that this new addition had filled or were you already pretty busy beforehand?

Also what is your view now on purchasing customers from other lawn care businesses? Would you do anything differently if you could do it over again?

arthur712
12-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Welcome to our forum!

TheGoat
12-31-2010, 12:34 AM
Welcome! I like your company name. It puts an image into one's head.