PDA

View Full Version : Need your help - Should I contract?

Growing Green
12-23-2010, 12:59 PM
I went to a lady's house yesterday as she said she had a ton of bugs and she couldn't figure out what they are. I went and discovered that they are the dreaded boxelder bugs. Now she really wants these bugs gone and I told her that I'm not licensed to spray, but that I would help her find someone who can help her. By the way, since she has lots of pets she wants it done organically.

She showed me all these things she wants me to do in the spring and looks like it can be a pretty good landscaping project. So just being nice and helpful might actually pay off. So this is where I need your help.

Do I just find someone and tell them to call her and work everything out? Should I try and make some money off of it and contract someone out and tell them to not offer any lawn or landscaping service? Can I even do that? I just fear that they might try and take my potential client away. The most important thing is that I just want to help the lady, but I definitely would like that landscaping job that she wants done.

Any help/advice/etc... would be appreciated!

Matt

Steve
12-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Matt,

That is a great question.

I would think you should be the most helpful you can be. Maybe find a local pest spraying company that can come in and solve these issues. See if they can send you lawn care business as they come upon it and then you could send them more bug business. Maybe down the road you could also co-market together.

Sure you could try and work it out where you take a certain percentage from this company on the bill, but to keep it simple now, why not just have them handle the situation and get this job done.

Once that is resolved you can work on your next projects with the customer.

What is your view on that?