PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Southern Michigan

Grasskickin
12-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Hey there this is Jason and Staurt with Grass Kickin' Lawn Care. We are from Michigan we are just starting a new bussiness. We have got Husqvarna equipment. We are hoping to hit it big but we are also just hoping to make our name known to everyone that is out there and do a job that is satisfactory to all.Thanks and hope to have talking and getting feed back from everyone thank you Grass Kickin' Lawn Care!!

LawnStylist
12-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Hey, what's up Jason and Stuart. I had to show love because I'm originally from Michigan. I know reside in Kentucky, and I'm starting up myself this season coming up. Once again welcome and good luck. If you need a logo a good company to go thru is http://www.bkgraphicdesign.webs.com. They did my logo.

Steve
12-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What got you all interested in starting your own lawn care business?

How have you felt about being in a partnership so far? Any likes or dislikes about it?

Grasskickin
12-23-2010, 09:35 PM
i have been interested in lawn care ever since i was a like 7 or 8, and stuart is my moms husband and he wants to help me with it. Well so far so good with the partnership thing. well first things first with the hole thing we just have to get the jobs to make the money.

Steve
12-24-2010, 02:27 PM
What is the plan to attract new business?

Grasskickin
12-25-2010, 11:50 AM
well the first thng that we have thought of doing so far is offering everyone 10% off for the first year on there contract. and we are going around passing our bussiness card and post cards to all the bussiness that we want there accounts. Do you have any advice that you could give on getting the accounts. thanks Grass Kickin' Lawn Care

Steve
12-26-2010, 11:07 PM
I think that 10% off is very generous. I bet you could get away with offering a lot less. Like maybe 2 free cuts if they sign up for an annual contract.

jymie
12-27-2010, 02:09 AM
Perhaps you could add on a service like driveway edging and maintain it for the season. It takes no time at all to maintain with a weed whacker or stick edger, just the initial cut with a walk behind edger would be the time in it.

arthur712
12-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Welcome to our forum!

TheGoat
12-31-2010, 01:42 AM
I think a website is also a good use of time when it comes to generating new business. My lawn service website has kept me working through the winter, which has been nice.