PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!!!

LawnStylist
12-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Well hello guy, ladies too if any are out there. I'm new the landscaping business as this will be my first season(2011). If any one has any suggestions, feel free to inform me.

P.S. I also do graphic design on the side so check out my website for more info. We do business cards, logos, flyers, etc. http://www.bkgraphicdesign.webs.com

Steve
12-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your own lawn care business?

LawnStylist
12-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Well, to be honest I've always wanted to own my own company. Who dosn't want to be there own boss? My problem was, i was a procrastinator. As long as i had something to fall back on i was comfortable with just the idea of having my own business. I finally realized this and set out to get fired from the dead end job i was at (i know that's bad but...), if it was up to me I would never quit. My wife has her own business, so we were finally in a place were we could still survive and still have money to invest in my venture. I look at the big picture, and while i know its not going to happen overnight, but i have the patience and will to put the effort into turning this into a successful business.
http://www.bkgraphicdesign.webs.com
http://www.thelawnsalonlex.webs.com

Steve
12-22-2010, 12:00 PM
That is very interesting. Do you fear at all that the procrastination will carry on into your business? How will you keep an eye on that and push through it if you notice it happening?

I bet this effects a lot of us actually.

LawnStylist
12-22-2010, 02:15 PM
As far as the procrastination running over into my business, no it won't. I have set the plan in motion therefore there is no turning back. Ive already got all my advertising prepared and ready to go in febuary. From there I will re-advertise in the same target market every 30 days until the season starts in order to fill my schedule out. I'm just really looking forward to taking on this venture.

ataboyj
12-22-2010, 04:32 PM
lawnstylist- just a suggest I looked at your website, I won't put in rates or at least firgure out a better way to put it, you have 30 dollars a lawn thats pretty cheap. Some lawns may be bigger then others, if you charged everyone 30 bucks you may not be making enough money to cover your cost! But it is just a suggest, good luck this year
Davis Outdoor Jobs
www.ataboyj.webs.com

LawnStylist
12-22-2010, 06:38 PM
its funny that you say that ataboyj. I actually was just thinking about that and i think im going to remove the prices from all of my advertising and go by a per job estimate. ive been looking at alot of the post here and everybody else pretty much does an initial estimate then go from there. thanks for the luck, i appreciate it ima need it but i also looking forward to it.

Steve
12-23-2010, 12:17 PM
I'd love to see some of your marketing material with your graphic design handy work!

LawnStylist
12-24-2010, 07:44 PM
here is the door hangers and my actual logo

Steve
12-26-2010, 10:02 PM
I think those look really good!