PDA

View Full Version : Snow removal

clandscaping44
12-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Just a quick Question. When Im shoveling snow what is another good service I can offer while Im there???

The Cleaning Doctor
12-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Salt the walkway

jklawncare
12-17-2010, 09:43 PM
salt the walkway, blow the snow or brush it off the car, advertise for hanging christmas lighting..remove snow over hang and icicles. Towards the end of winter start selling your spring cleanups, aeration, fertilization, and lawn care.

Steve
12-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Could you also sell small buckets of rock salt, customers could keep on their stairs to spread as needed?

Keep us posted on what you decide to go with and how it goes.

kevin_naecker
12-18-2010, 09:18 PM
remove ice from gutters, and drains, salt

pburghlawns
10-22-2013, 09:49 PM
i always offer when shoveling, snowblowing services, roof shoveling, rocksalt roof melt to prevent build up of ice jams in gutters, i ALWAYS provide a courtesy brush off on all vehicles in driveway :) has the repeat customers coming back for more!

kslawn
10-23-2013, 09:36 AM
You can offer to bank their house up. Shovel or with a snow blower, bank the snow against the customers house on all sides. This will save them $$$ on their heat bill.

SECTLANDSCAPING
10-23-2013, 09:46 AM
You can offer to bank their house up. Shovel or with a snow blower, bank the snow against the customers house on all sides. This will save them $$$ on their heat bill.

Would this really work? I can see it being insulation but the melt off could flood the foundation?

CDLAWNCARE
10-23-2013, 01:23 PM
It does help insulate the house there are alot of people up here that do that. some that have water problems will just shovel away from the house when spring thaw starts coming.

Steve
10-23-2013, 03:29 PM
i ALWAYS provide a courtesy brush off on all vehicles in driveway has the repeat customers coming back for more!

That is brilliant. What got you started performing that? What kind of feedback have you gotten from it and do you promote that?

kslawn
10-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Would this really work? I can see it being insulation but the melt off could flood the foundation?

It does work great for extra insulation. If they have water leaking in their home they have bigger problems , like foundation problems. Banking houses here is just as common as roof shoveling.

stevef1201
10-26-2013, 01:10 PM
:D I would love to help with this question, but here I offer FREE snow removal to all my customers. (west central Florida where the temp on Christmas day last year was about 70) :D

Steve
10-28-2013, 04:09 PM
but here I offer FREE snow removal to all my customers

LOL that would make for some funny marketing material in Florida. Who knows, maybe the humor in it would catch a customer's eye and get them to sign up with you.

LawnCareMan280
11-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Well you can snowblow or plow which ever you desire, what i do is other services like snow blower tune ups and oil changes and i'll work on the machines form clients that need fixing. while there machine is out of commission I would snow blow for them.

That's what i got

SECTLANDSCAPING
11-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Well you can snowblow or plow which ever you desire, what i do is other services like snow blower tune ups and oil changes and i'll work on the machines form clients that need fixing. while there machine is out of commission I would snow blow for them.

That's what i got

Come fix my snowblower son. I need a carb put on one. The drive messed with on another. Fresh gas and oil in six. How much will that cost me? Almost forgot I really need a arm removed from the auger. Clean it up nice with bleach and dont tell anyone.

stevef1201
11-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Come fix my snowblower son. I need a carb put on one. The drive messed with on another. Fresh gas and oil in six. How much will that cost me? Almost forgot I really need a arm removed from the auger. Clean it up nice with bleach and dont tell anyone.

How about just folding the thumb and 3 fingers into a small fist. Leaving one finger extended, and nailed to your tree?