PDA

View Full Version : Best business advise you ever got

Steve
12-17-2010, 02:38 PM
What is the best business advise you ever got?

jklawncare
12-18-2010, 04:39 AM
Fake it Till you Make it.

My neighbor owns a lawn company and hes real big in the area
and when he found out i was doing this. Him, my dad, me, and my neighbor were looking at a tree figuring out how to take it down.

And he told my just fake it till you make it.

if someone asks if you do something
always say yes..my uncle told me this too..he owns a lawn care business down state.

If you cant do it..you can find someone else that can..and subcontract it out. You will always get a cut and they will always remember you are a reliable company.

CHEESE2009
12-18-2010, 05:49 AM
Analyze everything, say what and do what is expected.

Find a gain in every choice or encounter that comes by.

Play the game.

My advice ^

Steve
12-18-2010, 03:28 PM

Do you find that also applies to the image you project as well?

jklawncare
12-18-2010, 05:08 PM
I dont fully understand what your saying but i think i got it. So if my awnser dosnt make any sense..im sorry ahah

Im assuming that you mean..Do you follow your phrase..like..do you seem fake..or unprofessional

and my awnser is no
every customer i have had in the past has commented on hjow they werent sure of having a teenager cut there yard but they were all significantly suprised when i brought that quality of work and dedication to there yard.

MAKLawnCutter
12-18-2010, 08:27 PM

LMFAO - I read this and started cracking up, i was talking to Matt from Growing Green in Texas. I think my exact words were "Never act like something is outside of your capabilities, you have done everything they have asked, that is what GOOGLE is for"

HA! Funny stuff...

I was told this by my old boss i used to work for in the pizza shop. When i started i said "i cant do that" to about everything he threw at me, by the time i was done, i could DO ANYTHING. Even if i had no flipping idea what i was talking about or about to embark on. I use this in everyday use now.

Matt

The Cleaning Doctor
12-18-2010, 10:52 PM
When I was installing phone systems, I got the pleasure of training 2 FNG's. The first day I told them "1. Never let the customer know you don't know what you are doing and 2. Here is a phone list to call for help."

Growing Green
12-19-2010, 08:54 PM
LMFAO - I read this and started cracking up, i was talking to Matt from Growing Green in Texas. I think my exact words were "Never act like something is outside of your capabilities, you have done everything they have asked, that is what GOOGLE is for"

HA! Funny stuff...

I was told this by my old boss i used to work for in the pizza shop. When i started i said "i cant do that" to about everything he threw at me, by the time i was done, i could DO ANYTHING. Even if i had no flipping idea what i was talking about or about to embark on. I use this in everyday use now.

Matt

Hilarious! Yes, that was me you were talking to when you said that. Can't wait to practice this advice. ;)

Matt