PDA

View Full Version : End of the year, spend or save?

Steve
12-15-2010, 05:57 PM
At the end of the year, if you have a profit, do you find that you like to buy any equipment or sign up for a lease in order to lower your taxable income or do you like to save that money?

Why so?

Growing Green
12-15-2010, 06:08 PM
At the end of the year, if you have a profit, do you find that you like to buy any equipment or sign up for a lease in order to lower your taxable income or do you like to save that money?

Why so?

I'll let you know as soon as I start making some money. hehe :D

picframer
12-16-2010, 05:53 AM
I think you need a third option, in my experience a percentage of retained earnings (net profit) should go into savings and a percentage to grow. I can't tell you a generic number because it's higher when you are new and it depends on a lot of other financial ratio's for each company and industry.

jymie
12-16-2010, 05:56 AM
I think you need a third option, in my experience a percentage of retained earnings (net profit) should go into savings and a percentage to grow. I can't tell you a generic number because it's higher when you are new and it depends on a lot of other financial ratio's for each company and industry.

You beat me to it Andy lol, I was just going to suggest a third option also, spend on advertising for growth.

Steve
12-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Well the reason I posted this poll is because at the end of the year, I tend to hear things from business owners like 'I need to buy some stuff to lower my taxes.'

I wanted to know what % of members thought this way at the end of the year.