PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone (im new here)

bradsnipes
12-15-2010, 01:32 AM
Hi everyone,
im Brad Snipes from South Carolina. I have been running a lawn care and landscaping service now for about 8 years called Lawnworks. I have been watching the gopherhaul videos on youtube now for years so i decided id better join the forum. Glad to be here

Brad

jymie
12-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Steve
12-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Hi Brad,

Welcome to our forum!

Do you have any business lessons or advise you could share with newer business owners that you have learned over the years?

bradsnipes
12-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Hey everyone,
hope you all had a nice holiday season. Here is one way i have found that generates a ton of business and it cost you nothing at all !! This is a big secret of mine that i have found works great and gets me alot of work. Go around the town or city you live in and pick up as many real estate magazines as you can. They will be outside of restaraunts, shopping malls etc. They will be in little boxes marked Free real estate magazines. Go through all the magazines writing down the email addresses to as many realtors as you can (they post these inside the magazines on each realtors add). Go into word or email box and write a short but sweet message (5 to 7 sentences) that says how you can save the realtor money this upcoming year and keep there properties ready to sell at all times with your awesome lawncare business !! Save the body of the email and just go in and change the name each time you send it to a different realtor. This will take you a total of a few hours to pull off but i think its well worth it and it cost nothing to do. I get a ton of business of doing this one thing alone....and if you can get in with the BIG realtors that sell millions per year, you can stay super busy off this one account alone. I have one realtor i have been working for now for years and just off of her account alone right off the bat i got 12 new houses and some commercial buildings as well (all for free and all off of one simple email). Thats how it started with me and her and its been growing ever since.
Another great idea is to do this same strategy about but target PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANIES in your city or town. They manage properties for other people and owners (homes, apartments, rental property, office buildings, manufacturing plants etc). Do the same steps as above and watch the business come in !!!
Let me know how this works for some of you guys and i will be sharing more of my secrets soon. Thanks
Brad Snipes in South Carolina

TheGoat
12-27-2010, 11:48 AM
I will be doing this for my lawn service today!

Growing Green
12-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Hey everyone,
hope you all had a nice holiday season. Here is one way i have found that generates a ton of business and it cost you nothing at all !! This is a big secret of mine that i have found works great and gets me alot of work. Go around the town or city you live in and pick up as many real estate magazines as you can. They will be outside of restaraunts, shopping malls etc. They will be in little boxes marked Free real estate magazines. Go through all the magazines writing down the email addresses to as many realtors as you can (they post these inside the magazines on each realtors add). Go into word or email box and write a short but sweet message (5 to 7 sentences) that says how you can save the realtor money this upcoming year and keep there properties ready to sell at all times with your awesome lawncare business !! Save the body of the email and just go in and change the name each time you send it to a different realtor. This will take you a total of a few hours to pull off but i think its well worth it and it cost nothing to do. I get a ton of business of doing this one thing alone....and if you can get in with the BIG realtors that sell millions per year, you can stay super busy off this one account alone. I have one realtor i have been working for now for years and just off of her account alone right off the bat i got 12 new houses and some commercial buildings as well (all for free and all off of one simple email). Thats how it started with me and her and its been growing ever since.
Another great idea is to do this same strategy about but target PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANIES in your city or town. They manage properties for other people and owners (homes, apartments, rental property, office buildings, manufacturing plants etc). Do the same steps as above and watch the business come in !!!
Let me know how this works for some of you guys and i will be sharing more of my secrets soon. Thanks

What a great idea Brad! I really appreciate you sharing that with us.

Matt

wellbiz
12-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Hey everyone,

Brad,

This is an awsome tip. I would also assume that sense the email address is posted in an advertisement that you dont have to worry about the anti-spam laws either. Looks like I need to go out and pick up some of those free real estate books that are everywhere.

I tried doing a small snail mail campaign to local realtors in the spring and didnt get a single response, but email is probably a lot more likely to get read.

Thanks,
Jay
BPI Lawn Care (http://www.bpi-lawncare.com)

bradsnipes
12-27-2010, 03:17 PM
thanks for all that replied. Im glad to help. I will be posting more of my secrets that have worked for me over the years soon. Lets all continue to educate one another and we will all have a much better chance to be successfull !! Hope you all have a great day !!
Brad

Steve
12-28-2010, 12:49 PM
I will be posting more of my secrets that have worked for me over the years

Brad,

That is a great idea you posted. I look forwards to hearing more of your insights!

arthur712
12-30-2010, 11:33 PM
Welcome aboard

hawthornelawncare
01-06-2011, 03:32 AM
Hi everyone,
im Brad Snipes from South Carolina. I have been running a lawn care and landscaping service now for about 8 years called Lawnworks. I have been watching the gopherhaul videos on youtube now for years so i decided id better join the forum. Glad to be here

Brad

welcome to the site brad.

Sherm6178
01-07-2011, 01:45 AM
That is an awesome idea!!! I'll give that a try and post back and let you know how it works in my area. Do you think it is still a bit to early to start sending these out just yet though? I live in Missouri and the season doesn't start for about 2 more month.

Thanks
Dave

Steve
01-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Why not send out a smaller amount as a test now and see what kind of response you get? I am looking forwards to hearing your updates on this.

Desert Rose Gardening
01-09-2011, 09:33 PM
I'll give this a try, sounds like it could work.:)