PDA

View Full Version : Will your dealer come to you?

Steve
11-28-2006, 09:09 AM
Will your dealer come to you to repair?

If they don't would you like them too?

Dandridge Equipment provides this service.

Dandridge Equipment offers innovative sales practices (http://www.fayettecountyreview.com/articles/2006/11/15/news/news12.txt)When a customer purchases a mower from Dandridge Equipment, he can expect maintenance assistance delivered to his doorstep with the new Ready to Mow Mobile Service.

“We predict that 40 to 50 percent of our lawn mower maintenance work will be performed using this new service in the future,” Cottam said. “It brings our quality right to your door, for your convenience. We really try to be a service-oriented company.”

SuperiorPower
03-23-2009, 12:44 AM
I know this is an old question, but I think it is an interesting one. As of right now, I think I am the only one in this area that offers this service.

Steve
03-23-2009, 07:59 AM
That is fascinating! Why don't you feel more dealers do this?

picframer
03-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Any time I call six days a week, even if it's a simple oil change, no additional cost. In fact my dealer calls me at least once a week to see how things are going and ask if I need anything. It's rare, probably very rare but it is sure appreciated.

One saturday last year, it was hot and I was doing a trenching project and blew a tire on the tractor, it was 4:50 in the aftrenoon, they close at 5, I was going to just wait but wanted this project done so I called, they said no problem at all, they were at the site within 30min, fixed the tire and went on their way.

Steve
03-23-2009, 09:53 AM
That is incredible! How much do you think the average tractor owner pays in maintenance each year? I would guess it's pretty high to get this kind of service.

picframer
03-23-2009, 11:04 AM
That is incredible! How much do you think the average tractor owner pays in maintenance each year? I would guess it's pretty high to get this kind of service.

It would depend on how well you take take of your gear and the tractor or piece of equipment in question. They also sell Stihl, Billy Boat, Bear Cat and a couple of ther brands. Typical maintenance on my tractors runs around $160.00 a yer, that includes fluid and filter changes.

I am not pointing to any brand however round Christmas time we had a big storm, I was in to drop off coffee to the staff and could not believe the number of people there, they had posted an advertisement that they were servicing any brannd of equipment, one customer told me the line up at the sears service centre was almost 2 hours long, over 95% of the people there were having their Craftsman Snowblower repaired of looked at.