PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using the big squid?

The Cleaning Doctor
12-13-2010, 08:40 PM
I am talking about squidoo? Is anyone using it?

I have built 2 lenses that are very simple but can be built upon.

Deck Staining Tips (http://www.squidoo.com/deck-staining-tips) and Concrete Sealing Tips (http://www.squidoo.com/concrete-sealing-tips)

Take a look.

Hedgemaster
12-13-2010, 10:36 PM
I don't know why I even bother clicking on your threads - I never know what you're talking about. LOL

It's hell to not be current on web "stuff". Lens? I have no idea what that means.

:o

Squidthingy? I dunno what that is either, but I do like calamari. :D

mark123
12-13-2010, 10:48 PM
I don't know why I even bother clicking on your threads - I never know what you're talking about. LOL

It's hell to not be current on web "stuff". Lens? I have no idea what that means. ...
I really like technology and new internet ideas but I really hate stinkin' buzz words. It's like Gretchen Wieners trying to get "fetch" started. It may be a good idea but I have a hard time getting past the clever naming. My latest hatred is focused at "Cloud computing". The idea has been around forever but now that they call it something else it's NEW!!!

This lens idea is nifty if you can make a page and get links back to your site but I can see it being abused. Make hay when the sun shines, I guess. They say they've been around for 5 years. I've never heard of it. It smells like a marketing site to sell the book the site owner wrote.

The Cleaning Doctor
12-13-2010, 11:46 PM
It is basically another book marking site that is #200 in the world as far as traffic against all web sites. google beint #1 and facebook being #2 in the world.

Squidoo.com is the site

There are many other sites such as Digg and StumbleUpon etc that can help you rank also.

I'll bet that you have learned some things from the discussion that ensues. Now for me on the pages I just donate all the proceeds if any to charity so I don't make a dime of the lens pages.

It is all part of a master plan.

I also have acquired

DeckStainingNews.com
DeckStainingInfo.com

ConcreteStainingTips.com
DrivewaySealingTips.com
BrickSealingTips.com
StoneSealingTips.com and
AcidStainingTips.com

Which are all going to end up being feeder sites to the DeckStainingTips.com and ConcreteSealingTips.com

It's all in the plan and the execution of that plan.

Steve
12-14-2010, 01:55 PM
I have tried that site in the past, but I really don't know what it has done. I guess if you can put an article up there it's good to direct traffic to your site.

So maybe experiment with it and see if it improves your site rankings.