PDA

View Full Version : Whats your BEST barter?

MAKLawnCutter
12-12-2010, 01:08 PM
So, as we all know getting new customers isnt easy. But, what about trading for something you need/want?

I want to have this information shared with all of the newbies that cross the path of Gopherforum.com.

M.A.K. Landscaping - Best Barter(s)
I am currently bartering year round lawn maintenance for an apartment (2br/1bth). We seem to keep bartering on additional work also (more mulch out, tree trimming, installs, clean-outs) for my utilities. Which has been helping.
I also bartered once to take 50$ off of someones bill for a pressure washer that they said "doesnt work," I put gas in it, pulled it and it started right up, i have made 600$ off of it since i got in.

WHAT IS YOUR BEST BARTER! or TRADE?!

Matt

picframer
12-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Back in the spring I received a call from a fellow who wanted 16 post holes drilled, he felt some would have to be dug due to rock, typical here. I gave him my rate $15.00 per, min 4, $75. HR TO DIG, $75.00 float fee, he accepted.

I show up and we are looking at the area, he had his garage door open and I noticed a neat 48" tow spreader, a brand I had never herd of, it is some unit and has a shaker inside so it's impossible to grass, fertilizer, sand etc. to plug, said he paid $750 for it two years ago.

This guy had a massive property, at least two acres. He said he was now spraying fertilizer and did not use it anymore, I said, and this was off the top as I thought he would never go for it, I will do the 16 holes in exchange for that unit and he said deal.

I was able to drill all 16 holes, I was just over an hour from the time I started to unload until I was loaded again, best deal I ever have received, this unit is simply amazing.

I will get the name and post a picture, I have the original receipt and it was $749.99 plus tax.

jklawncare
12-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Right now im designing a website for someone in trade for car vinyl some clothing
license plates
and lawn signs

i am paying for part of it but the majority is paid off by the website.

and andy that sounds amazing id love to see some pictures of it

MAKLawnCutter
12-20-2010, 01:13 AM
I just bartered some chiropractor....

One time service: Cut, Edge, Weed-Eat, Clean-Up and Hedge Trim for two sessions for my fiance after she has the baby.

Matt

jklawncare
12-20-2010, 01:15 AM
I just bartered some chiropractor....

One time service: Cut, Edge, Weed-Eat, Clean-Up and Hedge Trim for two sessions for my fiance after she has the baby.

Matt

that sounds fantastic and im sure shell love that haha

how much are his standard rates compared to your rates? because it sounds like your getting a much better deal then he is