PDA

View Full Version : Rich Convertible

ddlawnscaping
12-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Has anyone used or demoed a Rich Convertible mower? I have not been able to find any reviews from commercial operators. Would be very interested to hear any comments.

Steve
12-11-2010, 12:59 PM
I am guessing you mean this mower http://www.convertiblemower.com/images/ride1%202006.jpg

I haven't seen much discussion about them on here. What made you think of them?

ddlawnscaping
12-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the response.
I am new to the business and looking to upgrade my equipment in the spring.
I just happened to stumble on this mower (61" w/ 30 hp Kawi) while searching the internet to help make a decision on what mower to purchase that I would get the most use out of.
Most of the properties that I currently maintain are fairly large (1 - 2 acres) and the speed of this mower (0-13 mph) and the deck size would make quick work of them. My problem has always been around trees with overhanging branches, etc. where I spend, in my opinion, way too much time with either a string trimmer or push mower to access these areas because it is nearly impossible to get to with a ride-on mower.
I have seen videos of this mower in action and it 'appears' to be the perfect tool to do what I need without having to purchase and haul 2 different pieces of equipment (a ride-on and a walk-behind).
The price seems reasonable to me, but I am also very skeptical because I have never heard of them, seen them, or know anybody who has used one.
This would be a major purchase for me and my business, and I want to be completely sure that I am making the right choice.

Steve
12-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Have you checked to see if they have a dealer anywhere near you that you could demo one of their models and see if it does what you are looking for?