PDA

View Full Version : Muck Truck

jklawncare
12-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Have any of you seen or used this before? it looks like it would be a great thing to have on your line up of equipment. you can use it as a plow a dump a forklift a leaf vac! and a bunch of other things.

i have to admit i remember thinking of this idea when i was little..butnever took it this far. This thing looks cool

i was watching Cool Tools on the DIY channel and there was a commercial for it.

so i ran down here and looked it up.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B-maIHMMsps?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B-maIHMMsps?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hedgemaster
12-09-2010, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I have one. I use it to carry all of my money to the bank.

:p

That IS a pretty cool gadget, but I don't even want to know what it would cost. I saw a motorized wheelbarrow once and nearly fell over when I saw the price tag.

jklawncare
12-09-2010, 12:44 AM
i thought of that after i created the post..

theres no prices on there website..but it is a cool idea...
i was wondering

maybe there is a way to take a scrap mower or something and create this in a way..

weld up a body and attach the wheels to some sort of pully system..

it would be a great project for my transportation system class (small engines)

haha i plan on calling tomorrow to see teh prices of everything

ill let you guys know what it all adds up too

picframer
12-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Last summer my Deere dealer was looking at carrying the Cormidi dump trak barrows, I tried the one below out on two job sites as I was very taken with the idea of what it could do and it's massive lift height ability. It worked good however I would have bought the diesel model and when I received the price which was over $18,000 I passed.

It worked well and would carry a lot of weight, we used it for a rock wall in a back yard and on a sod job. The wheels in your image IMHO would be better than the tracks on the unit I tried, I found it really tore up the turf. Mine was a gas model (Homda) and was underpowered on grades.

Steve
12-09-2010, 01:44 PM
At that price, would it just be better to get a used tractor with a bucket?

picframer
12-09-2010, 04:01 PM
At that price, would it just be better to get a used tractor with a bucket?

And that is what we did, we actually ended up adding two tractors with loaders.