PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about bidding jobs in Oregon!

Raven28
12-07-2010, 01:03 PM
hello everybody my names Robert, I and my partner are just starting out with our yard maintenance business, we live in Oregon, we were hoping to find some answers on bidding jobs properly in our area, should we charge by the hour starting out? or by estimates?, and if by the hour whats a good or average starting wage, if by square foot how do you go about estimating that accurately?, or should we charge by our quality of work over quantity instead?

Steve
12-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Hi Robert,

We have seen the national average for lawn care at about $45 per hour. You have to check around your specific area though to see how that price compares.

It's better to keep it simpler early on and bid jobs based on how long you think the job will take.

Try experimenting with the lawn care estimators (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=43299#post43299) too, they should help.

Paineless Creations
12-07-2010, 08:57 PM
hello everybody my names Robert, I and my partner are just starting out with our yard maintenance business, we live in Oregon, we were hoping to find some answers on bidding jobs properly in our area, should we charge by the hour starting out? or by estimates?, and if by the hour whats a good or average starting wage, if by square foot how do you go about estimating that accurately?, or should we charge by our quality of work over quantity instead?

Where are you at in oregon? I live in the tri-cities 30 miles from the oregon border.

aduttonater
01-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Estimates are great in the beginning, because it allows the customers to know how much you think the job is worth doing for. After giving your price, you can tell them that it will take you 2-4 hours or 4-8 hours to complete.