PDA

View Full Version : Breeze

picframer
12-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Hey Scott,

I was reading about the storm you received yesterday, 25cm with high winds, how is the snow removal going?

We had severe winds and flooding but not real serious.

CHEESE2009
12-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Hey Scott,

I was reading about the storm you received yesterday, 25cm with high winds, how is the snow removal going?

We had severe winds and flooding but not real serious.

It's a big one. Worse than I thought. I was out from 7pm - 3:30am

I was the only person on the road from (seriously), the city felt abandoned!
...fun as heck driving through mounds of snow on every street. I felt as if I had the entire city to myself in a way, I could drive however I choose - center of the road, oncoming lane... reversing through main intersections... I had a blast...

I could just floor it down one major street for 20 minutes and it'd still be only me outside. I never experienced this before, I can't get over it... Every house was buried with snow, I almost believed the city/competitors decided to quit! It was a crazy to see absolutely nothing but mountains of snow.

I went to the McDonalds drive through out of curiosity and to be an a-hole to the slackers who thought they didn't have to work, plowed my way through - lmao... Waited 30 minutes (only person there) for a cheeseburger with stale bread... took a few bites and out the window it went!

When the tractors came out, it was a fun game of "dodge the tractors" the fog was really bad and going 40kph felt like I was going 70kph in these conditions.

I didn't sleep to well either, I think it's the thought that it hasn't stopped snowing from yesterday - I'm going back out in an hour or so... it will be the third time for my customers.

Conclusion:

I had a blast, the snow was fluffy (powdery) and easy to move, it was a heck of a lot of it to move though. The snow came down pretty fast too, as soon as you clear out an area - give it about an hour and it'll be worse than before.

For driveways, save them till a few hours before people head to work (tractors)... I had to continuously do my walkways as the job(s) would have been really difficult had I waited for all the snow to come down a.k.a doing it in one shot.

It was not a Winter Wonderland, it was hell on earth.

Steve
12-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Here is Scott, burying the local kids in snow.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eal6BruyUTQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eal6BruyUTQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

picframer
12-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Glad to hear you are fine, this could be a gold mine for you!

In 2004 we had what they called White Juan, we received 153 cm of snow, it was so much I couldn't even get down our street with a full sized tractor or ATV for three days, took 7 hours to plow my own driveway with the International Super H and the city was shut down for a week.

picframer
12-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Somewhere on one of my computers I have images of this 2004 storm, I was searching my laptop and found three, these are from friends in the city.

CHEESE2009
12-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Somewhere on one of my computers I have images of this 2004 storm, I was searching my laptop and found three, these are from friends in the city.

HOLY %&#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's one hell of a winter!

The snow has pretty much stopped for now down here, might start up tomorrow - gotta check the weather. My customers love my work because I really clear the heck out the area. Full walkway, & up to where they park their vehicles. I dust off their mats and get the snow out of creases and furniture.. Looks good.

We'll see how long I can keep it up... the snow hasn't turned solid yet... that should be interesting..

Steve
12-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Those are some amazing pictures!