PDA

View Full Version : Changing e-mail address

justin_time
12-06-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm considering changing my business e-mail address due to the fact I am receiving too much spam e-mail.

I currently have info@jitys.ca but i want to make it simple. I may want to change it to info2@jitys.ca or anything I want.

What's your opinion ?

jklawncare
12-06-2010, 06:42 PM
would you be able too delete your current email and then re register it?

justin_time
12-06-2010, 06:57 PM
would you be able too delete your current email and then re register it?

I get unlimited e-mails to my domain. I can create as many as I want.

jklawncare
12-06-2010, 07:03 PM
no i was gonna ask if oyu could delete your current info@jitys.ca and redo it but then i wasnt thinking its the same email either way..
im not thinking straight today

i dont like the info2@jitys.ca idea.. it seems kind of tacky in a way

could you make it like..contact@jitys or something of that nature?

picframer
12-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Justin,

I would either go Justin@emailaddress.ca or download mail washer, start bouncing the spam back, it will stop in a hurry.

justin_time
12-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Justin,

I would either go Justin@emailaddress.ca or download mail washer, start bouncing the spam back, it will stop in a hurry.

Like i said in a previous post, I use justin@jitys.ca for personal stuff (jokes and stuff like that)

Mailwasher pro only takes 1 account. I have to pay if I want to scan my business one

picframer
12-07-2010, 04:12 AM
I didn't see you using Justin@, anyhow the issue I see with deleting accounts is if clients out there have your email, if that is not an issue then you can change it to whatever you want or use a different software to bounce spam like http://www.bouncebully.com/

Steve
12-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Before you change your email address, you have to consider how many ads you put out there with your email address and how many people have it.

I would much rather see you use some kind of spam filter than switch email addresses.

If your current email address is getting too much spam, it will only be a matter of time before the same thing happens to your next email address. I would think you wouldn't want to keep changing email addresses.

justin_time
12-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Before you change your email address, you have to consider how many ads you put out there with your email address and how many people have it.

I would much rather see you use some kind of spam filter than switch email addresses.

If your current email address is getting too much spam, it will only be a matter of time before the same thing happens to your next email address. I would think you wouldn't want to keep changing email addresses.

Yes I did consider how many ads I have, and all my contacts out there have info@jitys.ca as my e-mail. I loved it while it lasted. I'm going to see if I can get the program that Andy suggested above and see how that works. I'm going to work on that. I currently get my e-mail on my Blackberry and I seem to get Englarge Penis e-mails all the time and spend more of the time deleting those e-mails. This is why i'm considering making a new one

The Cleaning Doctor
12-07-2010, 04:21 PM
how about using "service" or "support" if the software does not work.