PDA

View Full Version : The new unitedenvironment.com

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-03-2006, 01:49 PM
check out the site,
My best friend and editor of unitedenvironment.com past away last week. He had muscular dystrophy and his heart finally gave out. Mike Wills was a true inspiration to all of us and in his honor we have done a complete overhaul on the site.

There is a new episode of the Landscaper up and another coming next weekend.

Please take the time to check out our other web show, Lost in NJ
This was Mikes project and we are currently editing the one we filmed 1 day prior to his death.

its some pretty cool stuff

Steve
11-03-2006, 09:22 PM
I am so sorry to hear about that.

Steve
11-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Here is a link to the site.

http://unitedenvironment.com/home.htm

Anthony,

I saw that you have a myspace account for your fit in 6 show. What's your view on using that site to promote your shows?

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-03-2006, 10:14 PM
well, to be honest, we have the myspace account for fitin6 because it allows viewers to interact with the cast of the show on a more personal basis.

Its no lie that myspace has exploded over the past year or so, and we have had a great deal of success with it. There are a lot of fitness groups on myspace that cought wind of the show and will be sponsoring us going into production this winter. The show was originally concieved for only 2 challengers, but with such a response we have increased the show to 12 challengers, and with a budget, we can now restart the concept from scratch and do it the right way.

For advertisement purposes however, if we were talking about for say, the landscaper. do the research, there arent really any landscape groups on myspace to begin with. fitness however on myspace is huge.

movies are really taking off as well, which is why my feature film currently in pre production, also has a page.

Steve
11-06-2006, 10:17 PM
How much of your time now is spent on production?

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-08-2006, 04:56 PM
all of it really.
Im not doing landscaping anymore. I have someone handling the work for me. I handle the billing and take 15% of the profits.

this movie is taking up the most time. we just got done with scouting the final locations for the cult base camp. It took a while for us to get the place we want because the land is owned by the national park service.

we are building props, looking into casting, etc.
the script is even getting rewritten again.

the base work is a nightmare and takes forever. actual filming probably wont officially begin untill march-april

Steve
11-08-2006, 05:32 PM
I think this is so exciting. You could so make a behind the scenes video on the process of making your movie! I bet that would be very interesting!

What ever happened to that job contract your dad wanted you to take over?

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-09-2006, 06:09 AM
he got it. then he lowered his offer to me yet again. I turned it down, he flipped out in front of all my friends and other family members at a bbq. and i actually only heard from him once since. At my friends funeral.

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-09-2006, 06:11 AM
we actually just finished a special feature for the future dvd last weekend. It was shot up at the spot that will be the base camp for the cult. Its like a documentary of the location. Really cool history there. Supposedly there was once a small war between a cult and a swat team back in the 60s.

Steve
11-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Is there anyway you can put that on Youtube? Or would that give too much away? I'd love to see it.

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-10-2006, 09:10 AM
well, it will be a while before the editing is done, but it will be going on the web site when it is complete. id say you got at least a months wait

have you seen the cooking episode of the landscaper yet?

Steve
11-10-2006, 01:51 PM
No I haven't. What's the link to that show? So I and others reading this can see it.

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-10-2006, 06:37 PM
http://www.unitedenvironment.com/cookitlandscapers.htm

Steve
11-13-2006, 04:13 AM
I like it.

One of the things that stood out was the differences in audio volumes. Especially when you are interviewing the owner near the beginning. I run into the same problem as well. It's rough to keep all the audio from different video segments all within a similar audio range.

Do you have any idea how the company Simply Cook It is doing? I really like the business idea. I bet it could work really well in areas where people have very little time to cook.

The food looks great. It's nice having premade food ready to cook when you are hungry.

The people you were interviewing were very friendly and seemed to be really into the show. That is such a benefit.

Steve
11-13-2006, 04:24 AM
Anthony,

How did you hook up with that company? Did you know them previously or did you just contact them?

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-13-2006, 06:46 AM
walked by the place before it was opening. walked in and said, hey we need something nutritional for this online show we do, and explained, they hopped right on board.

The place is still doing well. Its a teriffic concept. Just a really hard one to sell. The price for a session is over 100 dollars, but at the same time, try buying the ingredients for every thing you make, and you will be wayyyyy over the price you pay for this place. A lot of people love it, some dont want to get there hands dirty and have to make there own food.

the audio differences where due to the microphone used in the beginning and end. shant be doing that again.
glad you enjoyed it, the next one which should be up before this week is up is the episode on stress relief, followed by fitness.

Steve
11-13-2006, 02:28 PM
When you say the price is over 100 dollars for a session. What does a session consist of?

Also if you had the money to invest and they asked you to open another facility, would you want to invest in such a business? Would it be a good investment?

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-13-2006, 04:44 PM
those containers of food in the video, you walk out with like 12 of those. So its a great deal
would i invest, no
its too good of a deal
they dont make enough on each person. If they dont pack the place for a session, then they dont profit.
unfortunately, it needs insanely great marketing to be a success. They didnt nail that end well enough

Steve
11-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Is this a franchise or is this a stand alone unit?

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-13-2006, 06:30 PM
franchise, and there are many of them around. Its new to this country, but if you head over to the uk they are evrywhere, and very sucessfull.
Its just a matter of lifestlye i think.
in the usa we ae always on the go. which you would think would play into the theme, but many people told us when we were filming that episode that they didnt want to take the time to go in and prepare it.

the thing to do might be takeout prepared meals. Sure you would have to up the cost. But if people could go online and place an order for a weeks worth of meals, and just pick it up. In our society, that may just be the ticket.

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-13-2006, 06:31 PM
maybe even have a drive thru window for pickup so people dont have to get out of there cars.
its sad that people are so lazy in our country, but thats what we in business have to cater to. the less people have to do, the more they like it.

Steve
11-13-2006, 06:45 PM
You know Anthony,

You are a genius! Can you imagine that! A fast food set up that allowed you to buy premade food you took home and heated up. I think that would be wild! You could get your meats, vegtables and maybe potatoes etc in different bins.

I don't know how it would do financially but I think the idea is solid!

You never know when you have stubbled upon something that just might work!

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-14-2006, 09:43 AM
why thank you
now i just need about 200 grand to start one

Steve
11-14-2006, 02:42 PM
What's can we all be looking forwards to next for The Landscaper?

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-16-2006, 08:25 PM
weve got 2 more parts to a healthy landscaper
one on stress relief and the other fitness
both have already been filmed.
the stress relief episode will be online before november is up
followed by the fitness soon after

Steve
11-17-2006, 05:51 PM
I am looking forwards to it.

Hey did you ever go to that PA Horror Movie Convention? If so how was it?

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-17-2006, 07:03 PM
couldnt make it
i was really dissapointed that i wasnt able to attend, but work got in the way

Steve
11-17-2006, 07:30 PM
Have you met others in the area that are into making horror films?

It would be neat to know others to bounce ideas off of and show them what you have made thus far to get feedback.

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-24-2006, 12:04 PM
well through the studio i have met many
if you go united environment there is a link for harrington talents on the right, you could see some of the work they have recently done there

ive met many of the people they have done bussines with and you gain a lot of insight into the industry that way.

the whole process in general is outstanding to be a part of.

you can also click on ratredmovie.com
and you can see a small video of the abandoned town location that will be used as a camp for the killer cult in the film.

Steve
11-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Oh the site changed around a bit too since I was last there. Very nice!

Ok I am here, http://www.unitedenvironment.com/ratredmain.htm

Where do I see the small video of the abandoned town location that will be used as a camp for the killer cult in the film?

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-24-2006, 02:16 PM
on the webisodes page
the style of that page is under renovation however the video is the top one

Steve
11-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Also for those following this thread, check out another of Anthony's projects. Fit in 6.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.c....1518718 (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=81518718)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ddbY0HgJ6Wo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ddbY0HgJ6Wo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-24-2006, 11:32 PM
you can also check out the main site for news and info on the full season of Fit in 6 set to begin filming in december

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-24-2006, 11:33 PM
fitin6.com
or
fitinsix.com

Steve
11-25-2006, 08:03 AM
Where will you be filming the new episodes at?

Also, have you found any good forums for video production?

UnitedEnvironment.com
11-25-2006, 08:42 AM
we are filming at anytime fitness in budd lake nj. anyone in the area interested in getting fit in 6 can go to anytimefitnessofbuddlake.com for directions to the facility.

and actually, i have not even thought to look for any forums on film yet.

hey, you guys should make a version of gopher for the film industry for budgeting films
it wouldnt be all that differnt