PDA

View Full Version : A Fighter Pilot's Guide to Effective Communication

SuperiorPower
12-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Here is an interesting article. When I read it I immediately thought of Picframer.

A Fighter Pilot's Guide to Effective Communication (http://blogs.hbr.org/frontline-leadership/2010/10/a-fighter-pilots-guide-to-effe.html)

I think its an excellent idea that transfers to just about every area of life. Most times people lack communication skills and this hi-jacks the mission.

Enjoy the article folks!

Steve
12-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Great article!

What's your view on why these steps never seem to be taken by small businesses?

Do you feel small business owners tend not to care about getting feedback from others or is it something else?

SuperiorPower
12-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Great article!

What's your view on why these steps never seem to be taken by small businesses?

Do you feel small business owners tend not to care about getting feedback from others or is it something else?

I think too many small business owners think they have all the answers themselves and fail to look at any answers their employees and/or clients may have. It is easy to fall in this trap but no matter what we think, we really don't have all the answers ourselves. This, I believe, is the downfall of many businesses.

Steve
12-03-2010, 04:51 PM
When you say that, do you feel, small business owners tend to think of themselves as king and their business as their kingdom? Where they don't feel they need feedback on anything or need to build bonds with their staff or customers?

Do you think that is part of being a know it all business owner?

And why do they get to that point? Where in the process of building a business does the business owner tend to go off track and get into that know it all mind frame?