PDA

View Full Version : Trailers ??

Mowin Madman
06-07-2003, 07:03 PM
I have a 8' x 16' tandem trailer and I was looking into getting an enclosed trailer so I can leave the equipment there and not have to unload it each night. I was wondering what you guys use? What size, who makes it and is it open or enclosed?

Lawn Magic
06-07-2003, 09:05 PM
Mowin Madman, We have the same concern and problem with unloading and loading equipment everyday we work. We use a 6.5' x 16' gatormade trailer, not enclosed. We rent a miniwarehouse space for $72 a month (8' x 10') and store all our equipment there on shelves and racks. It takes 3 men about 15 min to load or unload**45 minutes of labor 2x per work day. Ive considered renting a pull thru space or a back-in space to eleminate this labor expense and the pain in the butt. Ive put off the decision, because we are looking for a new house with either a barn or a large garage (or enough space to build one). The monthly savings from renting and labor should pay for something very adequate. I considered an enclosed trailer also, but I like the accessibility to all the equip like blowers, weedeaters, gas cans that an open trailer provides and ruled it out after thinking about how we would work with it...Tom

Evergreen Lawn Care
06-08-2003, 12:25 AM
I have a 7'x12' open trailer and I plan on upgrading to a 16' this summer I hope. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif Anything longer than 16' i think would be a pain to haul around and park and back up.

1manCrew
06-14-2003, 02:19 PM
I have an old crappy 5x8 i think the dimensions are. It works fine for what I need it to do.