PDA

View Full Version : Include marketing material in Holiday cards or no?

Steve
11-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Should you include marketing material in your holiday cards to your customers?

Can you explain what you include in your holiday cards?

The Cleaning Doctor
11-29-2010, 08:48 PM
I know of someone that stapled an ad to halloween candy and it did not go over well for some. I would think it would be more viewed as junk mail than a holiday greeting.

mark123
11-29-2010, 09:07 PM
It looks kind a douchey. Pardon the term.

brian'slawncare
11-30-2010, 04:14 PM
It looks kind a douchey. Pardon the term.

agreed. most would see it as another ad. not a holiday greeting.

I would just put something small in there such as a coupon or a snow removal ad (SMALL)

MountainViewGreenskeeper
11-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Thinking of sending out a survey in ours. Does anyone consider that as ad spam as well?

GrassNat
11-30-2010, 07:54 PM
I design and send out 'thank you' cards every year during Thanksgiving week. Just a quick note of thanks to whomever hired me throughout the year. They remember or know who it's from. You'd be surprised how far a few handwritten lines on a self-designed greeting goes.

jymie
11-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Thinking of sending out a survey in ours. Does anyone consider that as ad spam as well?

I sent out a survey last year and did not get a single one back.

Steve
12-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Very interesting results so far!

Does anyone ever send out family photos for things like Thanksgiving of Christmas?

If you send them out to friends and family, is it a good or bad idea to send them out to customers? Why?

brian'slawncare
12-01-2010, 03:30 PM
If you send them out to friends and family, is it a good or bad idea to send them out to customers? Why?

no, I would consider that personal

but on the other hand some people will hold back firing you if they are not happy just because they know you have a family your trying to feed

fieroboi
12-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Personally, I would never put marketing material in my X-mas cards. I tend to do more marketing in the early spring and think that putting something in my x-mas cards is tacky and unprofessional (just my opinion).

I handwrite all my x-mas cards every year, making them personal. I believe that much of my success has been in part to the fact that I am very personable and give an extra touch when it comes to my clients. I know every client including their pets. I go to the effort to even put the pets names on the x-mas card if I think the client is the type of person that cares or would be touched if I did that. Never hurts to suck up to the pets, clients love it.

Lloyd
Blue's YardFX
Camrose, Alberta