PDA

View Full Version : Take Credit Cards from your phone

arthur712
11-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Take Credit Cards from your phone

I am sure you guys may have spoke about this before, but just wanted to let you all know.

So far so good. I set it up today and worked great. they are send me a swipe that connects to my phone free.

Here is the info.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/mobile/10/25/square.smartphones/

www.squareup.com

jymie
11-29-2010, 02:02 AM
Will this work on any android phone?

arthur712
11-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Will this work on any android phone?

Yes, I have the EVO.

It is almost to good to be true. lol

picframer
11-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Man I would love to have this here in Canada for craft shows.

arthur712
11-29-2010, 04:06 PM
i heard it works for canada

picframer
11-29-2010, 04:38 PM
i heard it works for canada

I contacted them and at this stage it does not allow for multiple currency, their focus is the USA for now. A Canadian card will work if I were shopping in the USA but if I started charging clients in USD they would freak out and I would get a strip taken off me without a question. They said it's on the table for future developments, also it doesn't work well with the new version of Iphone, it has something to do with the GPS location software which is being worked on, my son uses this version and attends whows with me, however it will work on my BB, when a Canadian version is available.

arthur712
12-02-2010, 11:39 PM
I got my swipe reader already, WOW

Signed up Monday and got it Today Thursday Crazy fast!!

Work great!!

jymie
12-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Keep us informed on how it works. I read on a forum they had some slow processing problems. I hope that is not gonna be a long term problem.

MAKLawnCutter
12-03-2010, 08:52 AM
hahaha... should of searched... I made this same post less than a month ago.

I have been using SQUARE for 6weeks and i LOVE it.

Matt

jasonw
12-06-2010, 10:38 AM
I had the opportunity of using, I am sorry trying to use this at a reptile expo this year. They did not have the swiper deal but had the app on their phone. I goto say it was such a shady experience I said F it and just paid cash.

arthur712
12-06-2010, 11:47 AM
I use it more for phone order, and that is working great.
I have not used it with a buyer face to face, so not sure if they would be comfortable with or not. I test with my personal credit card and the swipe
transaction was perfect. They deposit the fund in my account every night.

Some people may be scared to use it with all the fraud now a days.

Over all, I am very pleased.

Thanks!

MAKLawnCutter
12-06-2010, 09:08 PM
I have been using this Square credit card processing for 6 weeks (since i saw it on CNN).

It was developed by the owners of TWITTER. Absolutely phenomenal software and hardware (both are free).

Customer response - incredible. I have been taking checks since i started and lost a lot of business last season because i didnt take credit or debit. Most people prefer to SWIPE over WRITE. No joke.

IN ANY INDUSTRY, you need to provide as many options as you possibly can!

Works on Android (i run the oldschool 2.1) and iPhones.

Matt

Gls
03-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Almost started a new thread. Just got my reader in the mail today. I have not linked it to my account yet because my goal to start is this fall (want to do it right the first time). Just trying to get everything and anything that's needed lined up. Looks like a great product. I knew paying the price to own an iPhone would pay off eventually.
Bump for any other newcomers who might find this useful.

Liberty Landscaping LLC
03-14-2011, 01:28 PM
I was just about to start a thread asking how people took credit cards. I looked into a lot of different methods. This one seems to take a bit more % then the others but it works with your phone which I always have on me. No need for a bit dedicated card reader. Not liking how much more then charge for manuals. Art do you build the fees into your prices? I know alot of places do. If your using credit add 3% or what have you. Please let me know how you like it. What types of cards does it use. I checked out the site but I don't have my EIN on me it's in my truck. Does it take Visa Mastercard, Amex, Discover or only Visa and Mastercard? I have had a lot of people ask me to take CC so I use paypal if I have to. Thanks in advance for the info.

SuperiorPower
03-14-2011, 01:47 PM
I use it more for phone order, and that is working great.
I have not used it with a buyer face to face, so not sure if they would be comfortable with or not. I test with my personal credit card and the swipe
transaction was perfect. They deposit the fund in my account every night.

Some people may be scared to use it with all the fraud now a days.

Over all, I am very pleased.

Thanks!

I was concerned about the fraud concerns too. However, I went ahead and signed up for it. I signed up for it January 10, 2011. 2 months later I am still waiting for my reader. My wife signed up for it about a month ago, and we are still waiting for her reader. I get their emails but just haven't received the square and I am just about ready to write them off.... I have looked and am seeing no method for contacting them to get this taken care of. :mad:

Gls
03-14-2011, 02:19 PM
I was concerned about the fraud concerns too. However, I went ahead and signed up for it. I signed up for it January 10, 2011. 2 months later I am still waiting for my reader. My wife signed up for it about a month ago, and we are still waiting for her reader. I get their emails but just haven't received the square and I am just about ready to write them off.... I have looked and am seeing no method for contacting them to get this taken care of. :mad:

I would email them and make sure your address is correct. It took arox. 5 business days from the time I signed up. My neighbor told me about it and had promt delivery as well. I would contact them!