PDA

View Full Version : If you had to choose

Steve
11-16-2006, 07:14 PM
If you had to choose one of these for your next work truck, which would it be?

Steve
Ford

Steve
Or Toyota

tiedeman
11-16-2006, 07:35 PM
If I was going just by looks it would be the Ford. But it really depends on the mileage, towing capacity, etc.

NickN
11-17-2006, 08:54 AM
Since my 2005 F150 SuperCrew is in the shop having the heater core replaced,I'll go with the Toyota.
I did quite a bit of research with the problem I was having and it's amazing at how many problems I found online with Ford trucks.Not small problems either.
1.Massive amounts of heater core damage.Been going on for years.Have to pull the dash to remove and install a new one.
2.Lots of spark plugs BLOWING OUT OF THE HEAD.Crank it,hear are boom,and the spark plug has shot out.I mean completely blown out.
3.Head problems resulting in blown engines.
4.Catching fire,burning down houses,killing people,catching anything near them on fire.

I'll never,ever,own another domestic vehicle.My first truck was a 1988 Isuzu P'up 4x4.I still have it and it runs fine.
Second was a Ford Ranger 4x4.Broke the motor mount somehow.
Third was a Jeep Liberty.Fried the electrical system and battery due to bad wiring.
And now this F150 SCREW.Leaking wheel cylinder at 7K,blown heater core at 36,300 miles.
Never again.

Steve
11-17-2006, 04:38 PM
How is it that a truck like the F-150 which has been around forever, to this day is having problems with heater cores when they are only a year old?
Shouldn't we expect that over time, Ford would refine it's product to perfection? Or close to it?

MJK
11-21-2006, 09:06 PM
I'd buy american. IN the service industry if my clients don't have a job neither do I!!!! Buy American!!!

MJK
11-21-2006, 09:11 PM
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9iby6LFv2NFXhsA3bOjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=11flbclqb/EXP=1164251461/**http%3a//jd3.com/IM003529.JPG

Steve
11-22-2006, 08:22 AM
Now THAT's a nice truck http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

ritchiem
11-23-2006, 06:22 AM
North American vehicles are great. I love the way power and torque come first and handling and comfort take a back seat. And its about time their trucks are finally turning the ugly corner and making their vehicles look good, not just square boxes on knobby tires anymore. I find the NA vehicles have floaty suspensions that result in bad handling especially during hard acceleration. But their modern day look and style is somewhat sexy...for a truck that is.

Jap/Euro vehicles are also nice. They seem to focus more on handling and style. Oh, and making sure they run for years. You cannot argue their usually excellent warranties. Their steering is nice an tight and hugs the corners like their sport car counterparts. Would I drive an import...yes. Can I afford one...no. The biggest difference here would be price. You get what you pay for.

I am on my 5th Chevy truck, and I am sure there will be a few more.

Domestic = Modern Brute
Import = Old School Tuning