PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

Creagers Lawns
11-27-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm new to the forum, been in business going on 7 years, I do residential and commercial Lawn Service and Snow Removal. we offer Mowing, Spring and Fall Cleanup, Aereation, Irrigation install and Service, Landscaping , Hardscape, Gutter cleaning, Power washing, Christmas Lighting, and Handyman service. Currently servicing 82 regular customers plus several service specific customers. Anyone using Gopher Software I would like some feedback looking at purchasing it for 2011 season. I've been doing everything by Pen and Paper up till now and I'm sick of it.

Steve
11-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Welcome to our forum!

You offer a wide variety of services! Did you start off that way or did you add them as time went on?

How have you liked offering the Christmas lighting services? We talk about that quite a bit here but it seems not too many offer it for too long.

Creagers Lawns
11-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Welcome to our forum!

You offer a wide variety of services! Did you start off that way or did you add them as time went on?

How have you liked offering the Christmas lighting services? We talk about that quite a bit here but it seems not too many offer it for too long.

I started out just mowing and trimming, then residential only snow removal, then added aereration, took some classes on irrigation install got licensed as a plumber,bought my first jeep and had a plow put on it and moved into commercial snow removal, got the idea for christmas lighting from one of my customers who asked if I would be interested in doing theirs, I said yes they liked my work and said I should add that to my business and this year I bought a pull behind aerial man lift and have added tree service and also going to use man lift for christmas light install I don't buy fancy high dollar trucks I use Jeep unlimiteds for my whole business, trailers are 82X12ft I use all toro equipment and all my sprinkler is toro also I grew slow I don't do employees my 3 sons and my daughter work with me but are listed as co-owners My daughter and wife mainly do my paperwork and I'm looking to purchase Gopher software for 2011 so we can get away from pen and paper.

jymie
11-29-2010, 02:18 AM
Anyone using Gopher Software I would like some feedback looking at purchasing it for 2011 season. I've been doing everything by Pen and Paper up till now and I'm sick of it.

I use the gopher software. I love it, it makes scheduling so simple. Set up the customer once and the program does the rest. Does the billing for me and prints out daily schedules and end of month bills. You can upload the company logo for use on invoices too. I have no complaints what so ever with the program. The schedule includes an area to write in the time you arrive and complete the job. Do the trial to learn the program, you'll be glad you did.

Steve
11-29-2010, 10:11 AM
this year I bought a pull behind aerial man lift and have added tree service

What have you thought about offering this service now with the aerial lift? Do you think they are easier to use than manually climbing up trees?

Creagers Lawns
11-29-2010, 06:29 PM
I use the gopher software. I love it, it makes scheduling so simple. Set up the customer once and the program does the rest. Does the billing for me and prints out daily schedules and end of month bills. You can upload the company logo for use on invoices too. I have no complaints what so ever with the program. The schedule includes an area to write in the time you arrive and complete the job. Do the trial to learn the program, you'll be glad you did.
Thanks, I plan on getting it Hopefully for Christmas present all I asked for LOL

Dan5082
11-29-2010, 08:53 PM
How much did you get it for ?? Looks like it would work well.

Creagers Lawns
11-29-2010, 10:15 PM
What have you thought about offering this service now with the aerial lift? Do you think they are easier to use than manually climbing up trees?

By far easier plus I'm 43 I don't heal like I use to so climbing up trees not a option for me my boys will climb like monkeys but dad stays on the ground I let the boys handle the up in the air and on the roof top stuff

Creagers Lawns
11-29-2010, 10:18 PM
How much did you get it for ?? Looks like it would work well.

It's made by genie I'm doing a lease option right now see how well its going to work with the christmas lighting and tree service Unit sells for 28,000

arthur712
11-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Steve
12-01-2010, 10:32 AM
I would think it would be fantastic for many jobs. Did you also consider a used bucket truck? Would something like that have helped more?

Also, if you are looking to fill your schedule with more jobs that need such a lift, what about replacing lights on signs and in parking lots? Would that be worthwhile to do?

Maybe if you did commercial properties, you could include such a service as an added kicker to land more contracts?