PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday

Steve
11-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Did anyone brave the stores on black friday?

I went out around 2pm thinking that things would have slowed down by then, boy was I mistaken.

I got as far as the parking lot and decided to turn around. Shoppers were out in full force. Maybe that is a sign the economy is picking up and we will have a better year next year or maybe it's a sign that people are still spending money they don't have.

Hedgemaster
11-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Nope.

The closest I got was attempting to order work boots online that were an amazing deal - except that they weren't the boots I thought they were. (so I didn't buy them)

Then today I was going to get myself a GPS that's on sale "today", but when I checked to see if I could order it online instead of going to the store, I noticed that the model was not the same as the one advertised. Their loss, I found one at Best Buy for less now, so I'll get that one instead.

I've only ever done "Black Friday" once, and that was a 6am trip to a sporting goods store to simply get a price adjustment on an item I had already placed on layaway. (Black Fri price was $20 less) I walked up to the cashier, did my thing, and went home.

picframer
11-28-2010, 05:35 AM
Did anyone brave the stores on black friday?

I went out around 2pm thinking that things would have slowed down by then, boy was I mistaken.

I got as far as the parking lot and decided to turn around. Shoppers were out in full force. Maybe that is a sign the economy is picking up and we will have a better year next year or maybe it's a sign that people are still spending money they don't have.

Was looking at a few surveys this morning and reading about "events" in line ups which sound pretty crazy.

Anyhow CNN did a survey of Americans of which 84% said they did not venture out to stores shopping, The Globe and Mail did a similar survey here in Canada and 86% did not venture out.

I was thinking after reading a few stories, can you imagine if even 40% of people ventured out???? Man it would be days for the traffic to get going again:)

mikey.d.thompson
11-28-2010, 07:49 AM
went to home depot for their 16 gal ridged wet\dry vac for only 28.00 and there normally 99.00.