PDA

View Full Version : New and looking for help

kevin_naecker
11-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Hey there, I am a small one man operation. I have good amount of contracts that keep me busy. I am looking for opinions on how i send out my contracts. I have been in business for 4 years and have always sent out contracts to my customers every year. most of my customers i do a full service lawn care mowing fertalizing mulching and triming . I have been performing my services and only billing the customer for the work that is done. what i need opinions on is , should i send out 1 contract stating this is your contract we will perform services unless contacted and we will remove you from our services. or should i keep sending out contracts every year. also i was thinking that if i use what i have billed them for in the past and brake the seasons total service amount into say 8 mounths and bill that way. or just keep going the way i am. I am young and still have a lot to learn and could use help from everyone experience.thank you this site is awsome i hae learned a lot and have used everyones info to my advantage.

MAKLawnCutter
11-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Well, seeing as you have been in business for 4 years. Sounds like you know what you are doing, and what you are doing is comfortable to you. KEEP DOING IT! Never change billing options, people dont like change.

How much do you charge for the FULL FULL FULL service? I am in Florida and have never imagined offering anything past the Normal (Cut, edge, weed-eat, clean-up). I offer the FULL "SHAZAM" on my commercial accounts. Outside of that, no.

Matt

kevin_naecker
11-25-2010, 07:16 AM
Thank you matt. Thats what i needed to hear. I am out of maryland. the way i charge really all depends on the properties size and garden size. I basicly just estimate time and materials and add a percentage for fuel and if i shorted my price a little.In any business you have to double the money you spend. Doing full service is how i started, i had people ask me to do all kinds of work at the wrong time of year so i said "what services would you like and we will performe them in order and give you a date". this has really worked it keeps the customer happy, they dont have to ask a ton of questions they can just live a good life and have a great lawn and garden. and it also cuts out any other company coming to your customers place performing any services your not providing and taking your money upi should be making.

Steve
11-25-2010, 08:03 AM
Hi Kevin,

What about your current billing procedures do you not like?

What ideally would you like to do to improve on it?