PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

NYRAPTOR
11-11-2010, 05:34 AM
New to the forum here but it's extremely helpful. I started a rescreening and glass work business about six years ago. About three years ago I started mowing my neighbors lawn and now i have nine accounts. This year i decided to try to grow the lawn business since the rescreening is slow. I picked up a husqvarna ez4824 and it works great. Thanks for the great website!

John in Fl.

Steve
11-12-2010, 02:28 AM
Hi John,

Welcome to our forum.

A little while back on the forum, I was discussing a rescreening franchise business. Rescreening and fixing glass seems like it is a great potential business because it's something most people need, but I would guess the down side to it is that there aren't repeat customers.

What has been your view on your experience of running that kind of business? What did you like about it or dislike?

Do you think other lawn care business owners should look into offering such services too?

If so, how should they charge for such services?

NYRAPTOR
11-12-2010, 05:48 AM
hey steve, the upside of the business for me is that it helps me get more lawn customers and fix other things for them around the house. I charge a minimum of 45 for one screen panel. after that i charge a dollar a square foot.
the downside for me has been busy one week and slow the next. the lawn care helps fill in the slow time and its steady work. i've been a glazier for 21 years but i enjoy the lawn care more. hope that helps, john

Steve
11-14-2010, 02:21 AM
John,

It seems like a great way to attract new lawn care clients.

What is your view on pricing glass replacement? Is it similar to that of screen repair pricing?

Do you hand out extra business cards to your customers, even on magnets? These are the kinds of contacts the average homeowner would really want to keep a hold of because screens and glass break all the time. Once they do, where would they go to fix them? It's not easy if you don't know someone that can do it.

NYRAPTOR
11-15-2010, 06:23 AM
for glass i charge a little more. usually around 65.00 for the average size window. i also do window screens and make new ones if the frames are bent.
The lawns and screens/glass is a nice combination. if i see something around the house that i can fix, i let the customer know and fix it while i'm there.
it saves them a trip to the store or endless phonecalls.

Steve
11-16-2010, 03:42 AM
John,

You mentioned you were a glazier for 21 years. I would that reglazing windows could help a homeowner keep their windows for many more years to come without having to replace them.

With all the services you offer, there is no doubt you will be keeping busy all year long!