PDA

View Full Version : At home printing...

MAKLawnCutter
11-09-2010, 11:10 AM
I dont know about anyone else but, i like designing my own flyers and news letters but, i dont like the idea of paying someone 7cents (at a minimum) to copy my ads in black and white or average 15cents a piece for color copies. I have been doing a lot of my own printing and the cartridges are starting to pile up. My buddy sent me in the direction of CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System) for my printer (HP F4240) I found one on eBay for 28.88 and it comes with 8oz of Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow. You can buy refills for 5$ a color at 4oz+ bottles. I dont know about you but, i like this idea. You can also upgrade the ink to be UV Protected or even water proof so you can print your own bumper stickers if you want.

** I was paying CopyMax 7cents a copy and 1.09$ a page to cut them in half for door hangers, i got a 13" paper cuter for 17$ at walmart and the kit off ebay for ink for 28.88$ and it is good for 2800copies(COLOR) off of one fill**

If you need help finding the ink cartridges for your printer, i can help. Figured we could all use some money saving ideas.

Matt

Steve
11-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Matt,

How tough is it to refill those cartridges? Does the quality get worse at all the more you refill them?