PDA

View Full Version : 1-855-lawn Cut

1-855-LAWNCUT
11-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Hello Gopher Members,

My name is Michael McFarlane, Co-Founder of The American LawnCare Network. We forged this Network with the goal to provide great marketing resources for lawncare professionals at a reasonable cost & with excellent features. We wanted to introduce ourselves & we appreciate your time and consideration.

What is 1-855-LAWNCUT?

1-855-LAWN CUT is a new toll free vanity phone number
available for all landscape service providers in the United States and Canada.
Members Secure A Territory Which is An Entire Area Code

What Are The Benefits of 1-855-LAWN CUT?

-Get a great number that is easy to remember.
-Make your ads stand out and get noticed.
-Vanity numbers increase customer recall by up to 72%
-Toll free numbers provide a more professional look.

New 855 Toll Free
Recently the 855 toll free prefix was launched
Predicted to be most memorable since 800

Cost
Only $69.95 a month (introductory offer)
Just $99 a month for 2 territories
Unlimited Minutes

Below is a snippet from our upcoming press release. Which will be released next Tuesday.

The American LawnCare Network announces the launch of our new marketing program for landscape professionals in the USA and Canada. Our program gives lawncare pro's the use of the new 1-855-LAWN CUT program in their area code of service (territory) not just a few zip codes. Calls ring directly to your existing business line with no recordings or caller input required. Use this great marketing tool on your truck, website, bandit signs, craigslist, flyers, brochures, you name it. We can only accept one company per area code. Released on a First come-first served basis. Lock in our introductory rate and help us in our Beta mode. Please reserve your territory today!

Quick Tour
*Only $69.95 a month (introductory offer ends soon)
*No Setup Fees $0
*Get 2 territories for just $99 a month (introductory offer ends soon)
*Unlimited Minutes
*November Free
*Free Truck Lettering
*Calls Ring Directly To Your Business, No Customer Zip Code Input Required
*No Confusing Recordings. Customers Hear Only Your Company Greeting
*Huge Territories, Your Entire Area Code
*New 855 Toll Free Prefix. The Most Memorable Since 800
*Right Of First Refusal. Secures 1-855-LAWN CUT For The Life of Your Company
*No Mandatory Advertising Requirements
*A Deal Closer For Your Bids and Proposals

Please visit http://www.1855LAWNCUT.com for more details
*** END ***

Besides having a great vanity number at your disposal, member company's are listed in our directory with Flash map navigation. Members also receive a 3 page website and free truck lettering.
Feel free to contact us anytime or post any questions you may have.

Thank You,

Mike McFarlane
The American LawnCare Network
http://www.1-855-LAWNCUT.com
tel: 1-888-499-9032
info@1855LAWNCUT.com

Steve
11-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Hi Michael,

Welcome to our forum.

Because this is all new and I don't know, are you going to be offering other marketing templates for your members to use? For instance, door hangers & flyers?

Small business owners can use all the help they can get when it comes to marketing. If you can find something that works in one area, there is a good chance it can work in another. With all your members, you should be able to experiment quite a bit with your marketing templates and really help them all grow.

Matt James
11-08-2010, 08:16 PM
This sounds interesting. So the calls ring directly to my line correct??? Is the 440 available?

Hedgemaster
11-08-2010, 08:37 PM
I don't get it.

Where I live, we have multiple area codes that are either very near each other, or actually in the same area. (ran out of numbers)

So let's say I get the "123" area code from you and Jimbob's Mowing gets the "456" area code that (geographically) starts 2 miles away from me... are we both supposed to be thrilled when people see OUR truck and call to scedule work, but get in touch with the other person's business?

Maybe I'm missing something here.

1-855-LAWNCUT
11-08-2010, 09:25 PM
"Because this is all new and I don't know, are you going to be offering other marketing templates for your members to use? For instance, door hangers & flyers?" -Steve

Thanks for the welcome Steve. Yes. We are totally geared towards helping lawncare pros market their company. We are working on a partnership for graphic designs so templates should be forthcoming. As of now we are providing all members with a 3 page site that is easy to edit after we get it started.

This sounds interesting. So the calls ring directly to my line correct??? Is the 440 available? -Matt James
Hi Matt,
Yes. Calls ring directly to your business line. So they will hear your company greeting. Not a potentially confusing recording. Yes, the 440 is currently available. I will PM you.

"Where I live, we have multiple area codes that are either very near each other, or actually in the same area. (ran out of numbers)" -HedgeMaster

Hi HedgeMaster,

Good questions. Areas with high a population may have what are called "overlays" These are additional area codes that cover the exact same geography as the original. This is to provide more numbers to the growing users. These overlays are included free with the program. You can see our map for overlays. Areas with overlays are denoted as green. ex: Illinois map 815 / 779 is an area with an original area code prefix and overlay. This is considered one territory.

"So let's say I get the "123" area code from you and Jimbob's Mowing gets the "456" area code that (geographically) starts 2 miles away from me... are we both supposed to be thrilled when people see OUR truck and call to scedule work, but get in touch with the other person's business?"
-HedgeMaster

Sounds like you may service 2 area codes. We offer discounts for multiple territories.
The next territory should be well away from you.
This is the primary reason why we are offering entire area codes rather than just a few zip codes. By having an entire area code you should avoid cross marketing. Actually, most people are saying the territories were too big.

The Cleaning Doctor
11-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Very steeply priced.

I know for a fact what it costs to operate this service as I used to have one. i.e. I sold the service like you are.

The difference being that we decided to go via zip codes because of out of town owners or like someone working in an area different from their home. Like across state lines?

Personally it was a good idea but it did not work. People just did not use it and with all the smart phones these days people could not dial the vanity number.

It may work for you but I would call a local number before a toll free.

I wish you the best of luck but that is too rich for my blood.

What do you do for states with only one area code or like Tennessee where 931 entirely circles Nashville but there is no way someone will service all that area. Or Montana that only has one area code? People calling from work in Chattanooga, TN 423 area code when they actually live in Georgia?

I don't know that all was thought through for all areas. There are too many holes unless you are a nationwide service company and you have a call center taking the calls.

I am not trying to bash you in any way but being that I have a telecom background I know how the systems work and I don't want to see anyone waste their money if the service will not work like they want it to.

I thought mine was a good idea also but sadly it did not turn out that way.

1-855-LAWNCUT
11-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Our rates are rock bottom. Especially for an entire area code as a territory.
Not to mention the unlimited minutes and no setup fees.

Similar programs are charging per zip code and have a setup fee.
Ex:15 zip codes for $150+ a month plus a $500 setup fee. yikes!

Zip codes are extremely limiting and expensive. With our plan you get the best bang for your buck.

Steve
11-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Mike,

I like that you are offering truck graphics and future marketing templates. If you can become a guide for new start ups when it comes to marketing and business operations, you have potential to really go far. Especially if you can get a few example under your belt to show others what you can do.

Here are some more ideas for you.

If you can create some killer truck graphics and maybe even truck wraps where you can get a discount price on them and pass them onto your customer base, that would be fantastic. Maybe even uniforms. Everyone wants their business to look great and have all their marketing tie in together.

Most new lawn care business owners, right off the start, are not even considering these things because they are in a desperate dash to find customers. Image building and marketing tends to lag far behind.

When you can present them a package of all this stuff, you really have something to offer.

If you can get into offering to handle their marketing and do mailings and stuff like that, you are going to find more growth.

If you can offer phone answering services, you will find more growth.

As you sit there and think of ways to expand, you should ask yourself 'what do these new start up companies need that we can offer them. The list could be quite long.

Also, if you get real good at seo and can get customers from all over the country to funnel through your site, that would be amazing.

Mixing and matching multiple services may be a winning way to really help new business owners and get them launched.

Nothing will bring you more customers, like a customer base who is making money, thanks to you!

So keep up the great work.

The Cleaning Doctor
11-08-2010, 11:00 PM
I truly hope it does work for you but I still see holes.

For instance 931 area code in Tennessee covers from the KY to the AL border and the Tennessee River to the Plateau. No one in their right mind would cover this area.

Montana - The entire state is one area code. You can drive for 3 hours and be in the same state still.

If you have these things worked out then tell the guys how because these are not the only states with large geographical areas that are covered by one area code.

I have known for some time that 855 was going to be a toll free number but how is that going to affect potential customers that are not aware that these have been released?

I am not going to comment any more on this. I truly hope that you can help lawn care owners and that this business takes off for you. I hate being the thorn.

1-855-LAWNCUT
11-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Thanks Steve. Yes our graphics deal will include wraps, lettering, flyers, brochures, business cards. And our goal will be to come out with fresh templates every few months. This way people don't have to recycle the same designs over and over again.

The biggest benefit will be this great vanity number. Members will have full rights to use it on their website, craigslist, truck and that sort of thing at their will. But adding awesome features is how we will always operate. I think we started out with a ton of cool things that has other programs trying to adjust and mimick us already.

Big Territories Are Always A Plus.
Customers Will Call Where They See The Number
And That's Only Where You Advertise!

Steve, I like the way you are always positive and supportive. I appreciate that.

xpertlawnman
11-09-2010, 07:52 AM
I would much rather see this service offered by the zip code not area code. I run a very tight route and I could never handle an area so widespread. In the Pittsburgh region, it is a very time consuming process just driving from the northern suburbs to the southern neighborhoods. The outlying area code(724) streches from the outer suburbs all the way out to multiple counties, again making it impossible to service the entire area.
Furthermore, for me to pay for a service such as this I would like to have an answering service taking the calls to collect the customers info. I do like the marketing materials that are included though. Good luck in your businesss.

1-855-LAWNCUT
11-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Hi xpert,

Just because someone owns a nice size territory doesn't mean they have to service it all. For example: If you service the Pittsburgh area you would have the 412 / 878 I believe. People in that area will call you for service when and where they see your truck or ads. And this will be your service area within your territory. That's it.

Trust me, the zip code breakdown is way more costly to users and will have your calls going elsewhere. What, Are you gonna only drive your truck in a few zip codes? Probably not, so why would you want a phone nmber that only work ins in a few zip codes. With our plan, you never worry about missing calls.

Lets say you signup with a similar program and secure a few zip codes. Then in a year or so you want to expand your route and business. But you can't because your vanity number has been leased to your competitor who holds the number all around you. You're stuck.

Zip codes are restricting. Area Codes give you peace of mind.

As for the answering service, the sample of owners we spoke to would much rather have the customer hear their company greeting and be directed to them. Not a third party recording that you can barely understand. These people just want to get service from you. Not jump thru hoops.

Steve
11-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Another thing you could look into as well, is offering group purchasing discounts to your members. Sometimes it's those little extras that become the deciding point and get people to sign up.

CHEESE2009
11-09-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm confused lol.

'514' is used by the entire island of Montreal in Canada.

Sure, I will only get calls in areas I've driven to our advertised this number, though like a cheap customer, "shouldn't I get a discount on the people who don't see the advertised number?" I'd feel like I'm overpaying because I'm not using the full potential of what you offer, I don't think anyone can.

So why not use my own number, instead of paying you to use your number............................................ .................. see what I mean?

I don't think this is the best idea for the kind of businesses we run. Maybe try it for online stores which deliver products.. I don't really know.

I find it hard to see any gain from this.

xpertlawnman
11-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Most of the LCOs here service a certain area and don't travel outside that area unless they are larger companies with commercial work. I keep my route so tight now, that I only target specific developments within my travel zones. I have to agree with Cheese that many LCOs would not gain the full potential of your service as there service areas are just too small.

Steve
11-09-2010, 08:00 PM
What could they offer you where it would be beneficial to you and would make you want to sign up? I realize everyone is different and has different needs but there may be some common points.

1-855-LAWNCUT
11-09-2010, 09:19 PM
You can get value out of easy to remember vanity numbers. It's proven.

Your current local phone number works all over. Does it not?
Why would you want a smaller restricted area? We could sell you a few zip code, then sell your competitor the next set of zip codes that border yours. Then you want to expand your route. One problem. Your competitor holds the zip codes right next to you. You're stuck and you have to cancel your number or not expand. See?

Would you get your local line in just a few zip codes? Probably not.

First time I have ever heard of someone complaining about getting too much from a deal. lol

Example:
There is a popular program in the Columbus area. 4 LCO's are using the same number in the area. Advertising for each other basically. Because that call for an account that would have began to naturally expand your route, went to your competitor.

And as Cheese said you will only get calls from where you advertise. No matter how big your territory is. Big territoires gives you options. Not sure why you would want to be boxed in.

Keep in mind. This program model works. Most vanity number programs are operated in this fashion. The zip code method was derived to make more money. It seems to be a dominant model in the landscape world.

Big Territory's = Options = Expansion = Not Missing Calls = $

CHEESE2009
11-09-2010, 09:32 PM
You're stuck and you have to cancel your number or not expand. See?

Joining seems to cause me more problems than I already have.

First time I have ever heard of someone complaining about getting too much from a deal. lol I don't want to travel far, I like working local and not having to drive long distances to 'maybe' get a handful of jobs which probably wont be closely knit together. I have full control in my local area, I wouldn't have time to fool around on the outskirts looking for business - it'd be just as difficult as it is now to gain clients.

And as Cheese said you will only get calls from where you advertise. No matter how big your territory is. Big territoires gives you options. Not sure why you would want to be boxed in.

Same as above..

Anyway, it's a neat idea - it just isn't right for me personally.

I'm pretty sure my own phone number could be just as powerful if I wanted it to be - but I don't. Local = me.

ALSO:

I liked the idea of many companies having the same number, as it redirects to the company nearest the calling customer. Unfortunately, your either in the service area or not - if company a cant do the work, the customer will call company b.

Nothing changes. Sounds more like a benefit to customers than to us, as companies around me give me business they can't do vice versa = free of charge!

Hedgemaster
11-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Also, if I saw that number on a truck on my way home from work, and decided to call when I got home, I can absolutely guarantee you that one of 2 things would happen...

(a) I'd dial 1-800

(b) I'd forget what it was... Mow-Lawn? Lawn-Mow? Grass-Cut?
Honestly, I can't even remember what it is now without going back to look it up - but then, I can't remember anything unless I write it down. :o

Maybe it would work for someone else, but not for me.
Good luck with it. God bless America and capitalism!
:)

ETA:
I just looked. I guess I was close with "Lawn-Mow". LOL

1-855-LAWNCUT
11-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Also, if I saw that number on a truck on my way home from work, and decided to call when I got home, I can absolutely guarantee you that one of 2 things would happen...

(a) I'd dial 1-800

(b) I'd forget what it was... Mow-Lawn? Lawn-Mow? Grass-Cut?
Honestly, I can't even remember what it is now without going back to look it up - but then, I can't remember anything unless I write it down. :o

Maybe it would work for someone else, but not for me.
Good luck with it. God bless America and capitalism!
:)

ETA:
I just looked. I guess I was close with "Lawn-Mow". LOL

I guess vanity numbers don't make any sense. They can probably remember
658-568-2541 easier from what you are saying. Seems like you are just trying to be a boo bird. You're not making any sense. And you're paying close attention to the thread so you should be able to recall our easy number........ 1-855-LAWN CUT.

CHEESE2009
11-09-2010, 11:04 PM
658-568-2541 easier from what you are saying. Seems like you are just trying to be a boo bird. You're not making any sense. And you're paying close attention to the thread so you should be able to recall our easy number........ 1-855-LAWN CUT.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:5PQSNvxsG3EQ3M:http://www.directortom.com/storage/Wait.jpg&t=1

Boo bird or not, he does have a point.

Both numbers are hard to remember, but at least your not paying extra to use yours.

I like your idea, just not for this.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ktvJXyTNfesDoM:http://www.greensburggreentown.org/storage/idea.gif?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1220487627547&t=1

1-855-LAWNCUT
11-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Cheese, we must not be looking at the same numbers.

I can guarantee you no one is going to remember a local number by heart.
They would have to see your ad and write down your local # or call immmediately.
Unless they were Rainman of course. lol

Hedgemaster
11-10-2010, 12:13 AM
I guess vanity numbers don't make any sense. They can probably remember

Boo bird? LOL, Never heard that one before, but I can assure you that I'm not trying to undermine you.

I'm making perfect sense in the fact that "855" is (I believe you said it was "new") a NEW toll free prefix. Maybe I'm just too old, but the only thing that sticks in my mind for toll free numbers is "800", so I can see that being a small stumbling block. Even if I do happen to recall the "name" portion of the number, I doubt I'd remember the "800" part correctly.

And no, I wasn't making it up, I did not recall the phone number.
Here's why:
Around here we "mow the lawn" or we "cut the grass", so not only are your words a mix of the two, they are backwards.
I wonder how that plays out in the studies that prove that people remember vanity numbers? I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that using words that don't "flow" does affect ones ability to recall - even if just a little.

Steve
11-10-2010, 12:23 AM
There are plenty of people who know an 800 number is toll free. 888 came out later and less people know that is toll free. As 855 is new, I am sure less people know this, but, I am thinking when it is promoted, it can be said to 'call our toll free number.' Over time people will get it.

Which makes me think. Another idea you could do is create some short 30 second video commercials where a lawn care business using your service could maybe insert their business name and at the end it says, 'call us toll free at 855-lawn-cut.'

Maybe you could offer to edit this text in and send them the video that they could upload to video hosting sites. In the video description, the business owner could link to their website, thus creating a backlink. The backlink could improve their search engine rankings.

They could have the video then appear on their webpage and it could add to the professional level of their site.

Hedgemaster
11-10-2010, 12:29 AM

They would have to see your ad and write down your local # or call immmediately.

BTW, I agree that vanity numbers are more likely to be remembered.

I think I'll leave it at that.
Like I said, I wish you luck with this.

~ Hedgeboobirdmaster

;)

xpertlawnman
11-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Big territory's=options=expansion=not missing calls=$ quote.
Big territory's also = more windshield time + more overhead = decreased hourly rate.
Speaking for myself, I feel there is enough business close by where I don't have to travel far. Servicing further to reach areas for growth is simply not in my business plan. Besides taxes, fuel and truck expenses can be real profit killers. For LCOs that live in rural areas and have alot of travel time between accounts anyway, this service could be a valuable tool for growth.

Local Edge Lawn Care
11-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Steve,
Your suggestion is really good. cause not only does it advertise the business itself but also builds popularity for the website for locals in the area searching for the lawn care (http://www.localedgelawncare.com)services..

Not sure how it is in other parts of the states but here in utah hardly anyone has a home phone these days, they all have cell phones. My 80 year grandma even has a cell phone and no home phone, meaning that there are no long distance charges since all cell phone providers allow you to call nation wide for free, so if you wanted to expand into another area your not in it comes down to putting a marketing campaign into that area with your current number.. it is a catchy number with the lawn cut but I think no matter what people are air heads and will always either have to write it down or research where they found it in the first place if they dont call right away,

Justin in salt lake city (http://www.localedgelawncare.com)
www.localedgelawncare.com (http://www.localedgelawncare.com)

1-855-LAWNCUT
11-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Steve, that is an awesome idea. I will have to pass that on to Patrick. Right now it is back and forth with the graphic people. We want to get a wrap design that be easily customed to the particular lawncare companies needs. That way we are not sending everyone the same wrap like we're a franchise or something. But that video commericial idea is a killer. That is definitely something we will work on. The 855 public knowledge will come.

**We do have a special offer we just put together for Gopher Forum members. When you join now members will receive Nov and Dec free. So that means no fees until Next year. Just mention 'Gopher' during registration. **

Keep in mind the 1-800 version cost $500 to setup and $150 a month for just a few zip codes. The only difference is the 855 in which we have vastly compensated for with the huge territories and $0 setup fees. This is a great deal.

MAKLawnCutter
11-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Hi Mike.

I have been approached with this idea but, in a different way. U was approached with an 800 number and was given 49 separate lines for my use. Each line was a direct connect to my personal line. I was being charged 45$ a month a flat fee, included tax.

All of these numbers had personal spots on them, i could use them in any way i wanted (ie: Commercial Line, Complaint Line, ect.) I used it for 3months. I had ZERO calls to it. People would google my company and find my personal line before they would call a 1800 number and talk to a machine. I am the same way, i would rather hit '0' before i sit through all the BS on the phone.

I have been in this lawn maintenance / landscaping business for over 6 years now, and the biggest waste of money was on a 1800 line service. I would rather invest in a box of blades.

Matt

1-855-LAWNCUT
11-10-2010, 09:52 PM
I agree that customes do not want a recording or machine. They want to get to a live person and ultimately get your service. That is why our program has calls ring directly to your business line,( cell, landline, fax, VoIp). They will only hear ringing then you answering. Or if you don't answer your vm greeting and mailbox.

As for your previous toll free number not getting any calls, I can only say it must be (seen) used in advertising. Just like your local number, you have to use your vanity number. Only a vanity number gets them calling alot more. At 65 mph on the freeway your local number is not gonna make an impression.

"If they see it, they will call"
(whisper voice like in Fields of Dreams lol)

Do buy that box of blades but remember you need customers to go with those blades.:)

Steve
11-11-2010, 01:24 AM
Right now it is back and forth with the graphic people. We want to get a wrap design that be easily customed to the particular lawncare companies needs.

I can't wait to see what you all create when you have the designs completed.

1-855-LAWN CUT
11-11-2010, 04:33 PM
We're putting together a half wrap and a full wrap design. That way members can have an option for their budgets. We just have to make it customizable, at a affordable price. That is the tricky part.

We just signed up a few new gopher forum members who took advantage of the 2 months free promotion.

That means no fees until 2011!

Steve
11-12-2010, 02:48 AM
We just signed up a few new gopher forum members who took advantage of the 2 months free promotion.

I hope they get on here once they get all situated and tell us how everything has helped their business grow.

1-855-LAWNCUT
11-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Hello All, Just wanted drop a quick update.

We have been talking to alot of folks who are not into cuts this time of season for obvious reasons. Plowing and lights seem to be the focus right now for alot of companies. We had several people request we do something for them during this time of the year, not just during the cutting season. So we came up with a new feature we think you will like.

Members will now receive
1-855-PLOW NOW
and
1-855-GET LIGHTS
Included with their package at no additional charge.

Please be patient with the website as we have our hands quite full right now. It should get updated within the next few days.

Feel free to PM or email us with any questions you may have.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Steve
11-20-2010, 05:47 AM
Those numbers along with some seasonal marketing templates should be a great way for you to reach out to customers all year long.

Great creative thinking on your part.

TheGoat
11-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Our rates are rock bottom. Especially for an entire area code as a territory.
Not to mention the unlimited minutes and no setup fees.

Similar programs are charging per zip code and have a setup fee.
Ex:15 zip codes for $150+ a month plus a $500 setup fee. yikes!

Zip codes are extremely limiting and expensive. With our plan you get the best bang for your buck.

would you care to corroborate those claims with links to companies that charge those prices?

TheGoat
11-28-2010, 09:28 AM

my #=

easy to remember

piss
some forums get upset @ double posts, not sure if this is one of em, if so,
sorry for the double post.

I'll be more vigilant in the future

1-855-LAWNCUT
11-30-2010, 03:48 PM
would you care to corroborate those claims with links to companies that charge those prices?

We would not want to do that. Not appropriate. Others reading this thread know who those companies are, but not our way of doing things.
But I assure you these companies are overcharging.
Once we added the new 855-PLOW NOW and 855-GET LIGHTS, our program's ROI is awesome. Just land one account where
1-855-LAWN CUT made the difference and it pays for itself.

"my #=

easy to remember"

Just imagine when it's time to submit a bid and the rest of your competitors have a local number but you present a more professional looking proposal with a memorable vanity number. Your company and bid will stand out and get noticed and get a lot of respect. The property manager may feel more comfortable choosing your company. It's just human nature to want to go with a bigger, experienced company. Not my personal views, but the world we live in.:)

Most importantly,
When it's time to call for a job, they'll remember how to reach you.

justin_time
11-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Members will now receive
1-855-PLOW NOW
and
1-855-GET LIGHTS
Included with their package at no additional charge.

So your saying i can get 1-855-LAWN-CUT and now I can get 1-855-PLOW-NOW ???

This is confusing now you would have to get 2 numbers if you do all year long ?

1-855-LAWNCUT
12-01-2010, 11:24 AM
So your saying i can get 1-855-LAWN-CUT and now I can get 1-855-PLOW-NOW ???

This is confusing now you would have to get 2 numbers if you do all year long ?

Hi Justin,

Yes, you get 1-855-PLOW NOW absolutely free. It is included with your account for 1-855-LAWN CUT.

Both ring to your same company line. No need to get 2 lines or anything.

The American LawnCare Network has added this feature because there is an off-season for mowing. Many were asking us to help during this time of the year, not just the spring / summer.

You also receive 1-855-GET LIGHTS for those of you hanging holiday lights or provide landsape lighting for beds and walkways.

Let me know if you have more questions. Feel free to post them here or contact us directly.

Michael McFarlane
1-888-499-9032

TheGoat
12-01-2010, 04:34 PM
We would not want to do that. Not appropriate. Others reading this thread know who those companies are, but not our way of doing things.
But I assure you these companies are overcharging.
Once we added the new 855-PLOW NOW and 855-GET LIGHTS, our program's ROI is awesome. Just land one account where
1-855-LAWN CUT made the difference and it pays for itself.

Just imagine when it's time to submit a bid and the rest of your competitors have a local number but you present a more professional looking proposal with a memorable vanity number. Your company and bid will stand out and get noticed and get a lot of respect. The property manager may feel more comfortable choosing your company. It's just human nature to want to go with a bigger, experienced company. Not my personal views, but the world we live in.:)

Most importantly,
When it's time to call for a job, they'll remember how to reach you.

Sorry guy, it takes more for me to trust than the assertion of an anonymous person on the internet telling me too.

As far as the vanity number improving my credibility in a commercial bidding situation, if a phone number make or breaks the deal for me, then I am doing something wrong in the first place.

Third, paying another $70 bucks a month on top of what I already pay for phone service just does not make sense to me. I think I can benefit more from spending that $70 in more directed advertising.

justin_time
12-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Hi Justin,

Yes, you get 1-855-PLOW NOW absolutely free. It is included with your account for 1-855-LAWN CUT.

Both ring to your same company line. No need to get 2 lines or anything.

The American LawnCare Network has added this feature because there is an off-season for mowing. Many were asking us to help during this time of the year, not just the spring / summer.

You also receive 1-855-GET LIGHTS for those of you hanging holiday lights or provide landsape lighting for beds and walkways.

Let me know if you have more questions. Feel free to post them here or contact us directly.

Michael McFarlane
1-888-499-9032

I just don't see 1-855 in my area afterall. I'd rather feel comfortable paying for a 1-800 number and get my own vanity on it than pay you for a number that sounds like i'm dialing China for lawn care....

1-855-LAWNCUT
12-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Sorry guy, it takes more for me to trust than the assertion of an anonymous person on the internet telling me too.

As far as the vanity number improving my credibility in a commercial bidding situation, if a phone number make or breaks the deal for me, then I am doing something wrong in the first place.

Third, paying another $70 bucks a month on top of what I already pay for phone service just does not make sense to me. I think I can benefit more from spending that $70 in more directed advertising.

Sorry guy, you gotta spend money to make money. And when you put out those ads, will they remember your random local number? 386-206-5063 NO. They may remember your ad and they want your service, but they just can't recall that number. Especially after a few days or weeks. There is a reason why the big corporations use vanity numbers. All of the big corporations do, all of them.

Hedgemaster
12-01-2010, 10:38 PM
I was "done" with this thread, but I just wanted to comment on the last post.

Your "Sorry guy", way of responding to the above poster lacks professionalism in a big manner.

That's simply an observation from the sidelines. You can use it to improve upon your business, or dismiss it, and carry on. I'm one to learn from my mistakes, acknowledge them, and move forward, so I thought it may be helpful.

1-855-LAWNCUT
12-01-2010, 10:43 PM
I was "done" with this thread, but I just wanted to comment on the last post.

Your "Sorry guy", way of responding to the above poster lacks professionalism in a big manner.

That's simply an observation from the sidelines. You can use it to improve upon your business, or dismiss it, and carry on. I'm one to learn from my mistakes, acknowledge them, and move forward, so I thought it may be helpful.

Hi Hedge,

Just having fun. Goat said that, so I was actually qouting him. No harm meant. Glad to see you are still interested in this thread.:)

TheGoat
12-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Sorry guy, you gotta spend money to make money. And when you put out those ads, will they remember your random local number? 386-206-5063 NO. They may remember your ad and they want your service, but they just can't recall that number. Especially after a few days or weeks. There is a reason why the big corporations use vanity numbers. All of the big corporations do, all of them.

No doubt about it that it takes money to make money. I just feel that most people would do better putting $70 bucks a month in to an advertising campaign that more directly targets the audience looking for the service. Search engine advertising, promotional materials, direct mailing, what have you.

I guess I'm also having trouble imagining Your target audience. beginning operators are generally not going to have a cash flow such that a vanity number would be justifiable. A large established operator will typically have an area nailed down and have already taken care of the name recognition/top of mind for the people in their desired service area.

If your target is mid-sized operators, well tell me how your service is better than $70 a month on adwords where people looking for my service specifically, are served with my business name, contact info and website link.

Fewer and fewer people even have landlines anymore, and almost everyone has a cell phone with an unlimited plan. Charges aren't the deterrant to making a phone call that they once were. Further a growing number of those cell phones have keyboards so they no longer hold the alpha-numeric lables on the buttons older phones had.

Lastly, vanity 8xx numbers always remind me of ambulance chasing lawyer ads I hear on the radio all the time and that is an association I'll be happy to leave to someone else.

1-855-LAWNCUT
12-02-2010, 05:09 PM
We totally understand operators are working with less advertising funds right now. Especially folks looking to get started, so they have little to no advertising budget. That is why we made it so affordable. Any less and we couldn't operate.

Keep in mind when doing Search engine advertising, promotional materials, direct mailing, truck lettering, etc., you have to use a phone number.
Why not use a high quality number they will remember.

"If your target is mid-sized operators, well tell me how your service is better than $70 a month on adwords where people looking for my service specifically, are served with my business name, contact info and website link."

Good question. Imagine, I am a local homeowner, googling for local lawn cutting service. I see a few adwords ads from landscapers in my town so I have a choice it appears. When I scan the ads I notice one company here has a toll free number, 1-855-LAWN CUT, the others have local numbers. As a consumer I will tend to look at the company with the toll free number as a more well established business, not some fly-by-night mom and pop crew. In the end as a consumer I want to feel more confident in my spending especially now. Plus if I bail out and work on it later, I remember your number, not the other local number ads.

Basically, it will make your adwords ad stand out and get more response than your competitors ads.

TheGoat
12-02-2010, 05:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yj2PPWFXFw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe6t9UQvto0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi03kMcYZz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77MiWit1lO0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz0DwVng_d4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjT8mLmsnMo