PDA

View Full Version : Brick & Drainage Repair Stratham NH

Upscale2
11-08-2010, 02:17 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ozlL_mPtJSM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ozlL_mPtJSM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Cleaning Doctor
11-08-2010, 02:37 PM
I had a customer once with a drain similar to that only it spanned the entire front of the garage and would not drain. Well we found that the end of the pipe that just went into the lawn was buried when they added the fill thus plugging up the drain pipe.... We filled it with water and watch for it to bubble out of the ground to locate it.

Steve
11-08-2010, 07:03 PM
What do you think was the cause of the failure of this initial landscape that caused the bricks to deteriorate and drain to clog?

Upscale2
11-09-2010, 06:43 AM
When the home was built 5 years ago, the contractors installed all brickwork incorrectly.

They didn't use any fabric, no compacted base, nothing. The bricks were set on nothing but sand. The area when excavated for the homes was very sandy and they didnt use any of the proper materials or techniques.

Good new is that there are 45 homes in this development and they are all failing. I have done 2 already and hope to do more.

Takes 2 hours to complete with 2 guys. Half yard of 3/4 stone, and fabric.

I charge $300. probably should get a little more but they are my regular customers so..........

45X$300.=$13,500

Not bad and I guarantee my work for life. If it fails again, I fix it for free.

Steve
11-09-2010, 05:37 PM
This is a very interesting situation. When you see a design flaw in a building that most likely has been repeated and effects all of them, what is the best way to go about jumping on that and getting that business?

Can you maybe take pictures of the problem area and ask the homeowners in some text if they are experiencing such an issue?

Maybe you can offer a free inspection of their property for shoddy construction?

What is your view on that?

How best can this be exploited for your benefit?