PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist again... Redmax ebz8000

Fresh Cut
11-06-2010, 12:00 AM
How 'bout this...

I only got one blower so I been checking pawn shops and searching craigslist 2 or 3 times a day for a Redmax blower.

I knew I wanted either the EBZ8000 or EBZ7000(or 8050 or 7100 respectively) because of the power of my current 8000.

So yesterday I get lucky, 2 were posted. One is an EBZ7001, the other is EBZ7050. One of the guys wants $375, out of my price range. The other wants $250, but he's far....and even the halfway point is farther than I wanted to go. So I passed.

Today I see another posted, EBZ8000! I jump on it 1 hour after posted.

Guy calls me back and says he can meet me after he gets off. The phone number looked familar, so I scroll through my blackberry and see that I had that same number in there one month earlier.

Ok, on the way to meet the guy I think about the trimmer I bought and think maybe its that same guy.. Bought an FS 90 for $140 off craigslist (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=12674)

Sure enough, it's him. And the Blower looks worse in person, the pic was small on the ad.

I told him I couldn't do much with it since the throttle cable was missing and it wouldn't throttle down, he started it and it was WOT. It was dirty as hell.

He kept trying to get me to make him an offer, but I was like "I need it to go to work like tomorrow, I can't do nothing with it".

Well, we did the song & dance and I gave him $130 for it. :(

I'm so ashamed of myself.

Steve
11-06-2010, 12:08 AM
it was WOT.

????

I'd like to see a pic of it and what you do to repair it.

If it is running good and sounded alright, you might be very happy with it.

I bet you will be a lot happier once you get that cable fixed.

Fresh Cut
11-06-2010, 12:49 AM
WOT = wide open throttle

Steve
11-07-2010, 04:01 PM
It looks like a piece of the plastic where the cable connects has broken. Is that right? Have you looked on line yet for that part? It's gotta be cheap for that.