PDA

View Full Version : Hi every one

Dragger
11-05-2010, 06:54 AM
Hi
I just wanted to post a little something here as i have been reading the forum with great interest the last few days.

My name is Dragger (or Chris that's the one my momma gave me ) and i am 45 years old .
About 6 months ago i got laid off from my 9-5 and started helping my Friend with his business he has contracts with several real estate agents to do trash outs on forclosed properties and then also the lawn maintenance until the homes sell
I have decided to get into the lawn care business myself now also while still helping him as needed .

At this time i have a 1 ton dump truck with a 8 foot gravel bed , a 1 ton dump with 14 foot trash bed , a 3/4 ton truck with utility bed ( gonna use it to pull the trailer and to store supplies needed ) 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive and a 1/2 ton pickup riding mower with 42 inch deck, 2 push mowers weed eater .blower,edger leaf vac .chainsaw 2 utility trailers and a tri axel trailer

i have the use of a ditch witch with scraper blade and back hoe

The above trucks are all early 80's but paid for already so no over head on them

business license applied for already should have it by Monday .

Will be hitting the bricks as soon as license is in hand trying to get my name out there.

I know it will be a slow start but I am fine with that as i have income still working for my friend

Look forward to the first job i get on my own so i can say i am my own boss

Dragger

Steve
11-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Welcome to our forum!

You are really set up with some great equipment!

What kinds of marketing are you planning on doing?

Also with that equipment, will you be offering some services that the average new start up lawn care business couldn't offer?

Would there be many people in your area that may want junk removed from their home and yard and could you do this? Would offering such services be helpful in getting your foot in the door?

Dragger
11-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Yes as far as junk removal there is a market for it in my area and have done that on and off for a few years but never as a job just for some extra pocket change

as far as marketing will do the Craiglist, door-hangers, and a local thing called the valley trader to get started and see where it goes .

looking for an 8n or 9n tracter now with a box scraper so can offer gravel for the drive ways and use the box to level it .and also do some bush hogging .i did see a tamper i may think about getting also price was good on it but not sure what use it would have .

thanks for the welcome
Dragger

Steve
11-05-2010, 09:28 PM
I think big things are going to be coming your way. You have a wide array of services you will be able to offer and that should really serve you well.

You gotta keep us posted on how things go. I'd love to see some pictures of the projects you take on.