PDA

View Full Version : Logo Creation

The Cleaning Doctor
11-03-2010, 03:11 PM
A while back I started creating logos and today I was messing around and came up with a few new ones that I like.

It seems that as I browse through a collection of different shapes, I see something that just hits me and a company name just pops into my head.

It takes a little bit longer if I have to go in the reverse. I have a name and have to match some shapes to that name.

Steve
11-03-2010, 10:23 PM
I like that concept with the wolf howling in the full moon logo. Very creative! How long did they take you to make?

The Cleaning Doctor
11-03-2010, 10:41 PM
About an hour give or take.

Steve
11-03-2010, 11:41 PM
That is fun and I bet the more you do them, the faster the ideas come to you and the faster you are able to bring them to life.

The Cleaning Doctor
11-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Funny you should say that. I have been playing around all afternoon and here are some more. Some you all have seen before.

The Cleaning Doctor
11-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Here are a few More..

Slogans for a few

Blue Moon - A once in a Blue Moon find!

Chameleon - Changing the way your yard looks.

Full Moon - NOT! That kind of Moon!:eek::D

The Cleaning Doctor
11-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Forgot to mention a few things.....

When creating your logo the simpler the better. It will be easier for people to remember.

Keep colors to a minimum. Although it may look cooler, it does not lent itself to some printing applications like putting it on your truck unless you get the wrap.

The more colors (i.e. color fading) the higher the printing costs will be. Also if you have invoices printed like at NCR forms they can not do something that looks more like a photograph.

Remember to keep it simple, knock off the COOL stuff and you will save yourself some money on printing. Most logos are best at 2 colors. After 2 colors the printing cost rises.

Steve
11-04-2010, 06:38 PM
I like the Xtra Cleen Logo a lot!

I think you are right with the keep it simple view point when it comes to logos.

What's your view on the use of shadows in logos? Especially behind the text? I see that from time to time. I would think there could be problems with recreating that on forms and other media.

Hedgemaster
11-04-2010, 08:07 PM
I like the Xtra Cleen Logo a lot!

I think you are right with the keep it simple view point when it comes to logos.

What's your view on the use of shadows in logos? Especially behind the text? I see that from time to time. I would think there could be problems with recreating that on forms and other media.

That's a valid question.
In my professional (graphic designer's) opinion, any logo designed as such should have an alternate version without the shadow for that very reason.

A good logo design package will also have versions suited for placement on different "shapes" and backgrounds. A logo need not be restricted to just one design. Same elements - yes, but those elements can be arranged for maximum effectiveness on different products.

Hope that made sense.

The Cleaning Doctor
11-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Exactly.

I have two versions of my logo. One for a white background and one for a black background. The difference is the color of the gray part of the logo. It is lighter on the black background.

Steve
11-05-2010, 07:11 PM
I have two versions of my logo. One for a white background and one for a black background.

I never even thought about this. It's kinda like sports teams where they have their light uniform and dark uniform.

That is a great idea, so no matter what your logo is being printed on, one of the design colors will work well with it.

The Cleaning Doctor
11-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Here are a few more I whipped out

The Cleaning Doctor
11-07-2010, 06:24 PM
A couple more older ideas.

The Cleaning Doctor
11-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Last ones for Today.

Steve
11-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Those are all very creative!

Grass Choppers is a great name and logo! I bet a lot of new members are looking at your logos and thinking THAT would be a great name to use.

The Cleaning Doctor
11-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Thanks Steve

I try not to use a name that I have heard of before but who knows, there may be one out there.

I tend to just see something and the name just jumps out at me.

I sometimes find it easier to find the logo and then come up with the name than the other way around. Like the Patriot one.