PDA

View Full Version : Not E Cards...Real, Customized Cards sent from your Computer!

Upscale2
11-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Do you have a need for sending cards to clients?
How about a card with personalized photos and signatures?
Imagine sending cards to your current client base requesting referrals, introducing services, or just saying thanks! Well look no longer. I personally own my own landscape business. So I know this works.

I liked the service so much I became a Independent Rep.

Check it out!! Watch the video and press the link to send a couple of free cards on me!

These cards only cost 31 cents per postcard or 62 cents for a bi-fold.

Thanks
Jon Marshall
Upscale Landcare LLC

Check out my youtube videos, goto YT and type in Upscale Landcare LLC

Steve
11-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi Jon,

Are there any samples to show what the cards look like?

Upscale2
11-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Great question Steve!!! This service/system allows you to customize your cards with your own pics if you would like or pic from a card catalog of over 14,000 cards.

The card stock is heavy duty not flimsy like some cards that you buy bulk.

You can also send campaigns to your clients, meaning you can send the same card to multiple clients very quickly and fully personalize them with their names in the cards!!

I urge you to try the service: Go to that is my site. Click on send a free card and away you go!!

Enjoy!
Jon Marshall

Steve
11-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Are there any scans you can show us of what you chose to use so far? Or maybe what you plan on doing for your marketing campaign next year with this service?

What do you feel is the ideal marketing plan when using them?

Upscale2
11-04-2010, 06:34 AM
Steve, I will get you some examples of cards.

I use my cards in various ways. First, when marketing to customers we need to realize that we don't always need to promote our business. That is why I send various holiday cards, like: Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th of July etc..
If you show them that you care, they will treat you like family.

In regards to business development, I typically send cards to notify clients on what services they might need. Like mulching and edging, dethatching, in the spring, or maybe weeding and pruning. I recently sent out cards to get clients thinking about Snowplowing. The earlier they sign up the better so I can figure out my routes!

In a nutshell, keeping in consistent contact with customers, they know that you are there and you have your finger on the pulse. That way they don't have to worry about anything, you have it taken care of. After all that is what they pay you for. Your not necessarily cutting their lawn, you are solving a problem for them. Maybe time issues, or spending time with family.

I will get some renditions and post them.

Steve
11-04-2010, 05:53 PM
How many times per year do you recommend sending out material to your customer base?

What % of them should be marketing material and what % should be just a simple Happy Whatever Day type of card?

mark123
11-04-2010, 06:28 PM
... Happy Whatever Day type of card?

I love Happy Whatever Day. :D

Upscale2
11-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Steve,

Here is a video showing cards

Jon

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlKJ60AitFE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlKJ60AitFE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Steve
11-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Jon,

First off, that is AWESOME!

Now here is my view on this. Most business owners have no time to think about anything. Everyday is a mad dash to work and finish up the day so they can get home, eat and pass out.

VERY FEW people think about things like this.

What you could do is become their marketing director. You should be on here with different marketing packages. Take care of all of this stuff for them.

Have different marketing packages that offer different amounts of mailings per year at different prices.

Then every time you are about to start sending out material, notify everyone on here they need to do this and get more customers lined up to hire your services.

As members see more results from it, word will spread and more will want this.

You could come up with a lot of great photos they could use too that are themed per season along with some kind of hint of lawn care or snow plowing services.

Keep up the great work!

mark123
11-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Yeah, that's pretty dang sweet!

Upscale2
11-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Steve,
Lots of good ideas! I understand that many don't have a lot of time or experience with marketing, and that is OK. You just can't be good at everything.
Send Out Cards is an account that the business owner purchases one time. Within that account you have a Contact Manager. That CM holds all pertinent info on the customer, right down to their birthdays' if you wish. (imagine sending your clients birthday cards). Now with that CM your can create Campaigns, what this is, is, you create 1 card and select all of your contacts or just some, click send and the cards are sent to specific clients. You can create several Campaigns and have them sent whenever you want, quarterly, by the season etc...
The thing I like most is the control and ease at which I can do this. It doesn't take time to send cards, really! I can literally send 50 cards in less than 10 minutes, from start to finish.
I will send my Christmas Cards to friends family and clients totalling over 150, seriously in less than 10 minutes. My handwriting, signature and a personalized photo of my family will all be included. All from my computer, sent through the USPS. Its Awesome!!

Keep the Qs coming!:cool:

The Cleaning Doctor
11-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Even better yet, standout from the crowd and send the cards on holidays you normally would not..... Halloween, Easter, Presidents Day, Columbus Day and Whatever Day. At least once per quarter to make contact.

We are not your typical service company so we don't send out your typical holiday card. They get lost in all the others.

If you are the only one sending these cards then you WILL stand out.

Card Interior

Happy Whatever Day... This year it falls on Feb 1

Who knows what day it will fall on next year!

Have a great and prosperous year.

Yada Yada Yada

Steve
11-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Those are great ideas!

What about birthdays? Should you send out birthday cards to the home owners or will they get lost in the shuffle? Would such cards really endear you to the customer that you remember their birthday?

If so, what is the best way to get the dates from them?

Upscale2
11-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Steve,
In response to your last post:
Send Out Cards is a service that is your very own account. With it comes many F&B's. First, a Contact Manager, all of your clients go into the CM along with pertinent information like: Birthdays, spouses names, childrens name etc..
Now every time that client has a birthday, you get a reminder to send a Bday Card.

Then, we have the ability to send Campaigns. So when you build a card or choose one from the Catalog in the system, you can click on Clients names that you want to receive cards, and send them all at once. You can send 1-1000's of cards at the click of one button. Literally.

Instead of Outsourcing this to Print Shops which takes time, you can send them from home and at your pace.

These Campaigns can also be sent out at specific times throughout the calendar year. So, you could create 3 or 4 cards ahead of time and send them when you desire.

The Power of the Service is quite awesome if I do say so myself.

The only way I could be a Marketing Manager would be to have someone give me access to their account, load clients info, and then work on campaigns and cards to be sent throughout the year.

I would be up for that if someone needed this. Or since I am an Independent Rep for SOC I am always available for general customer service Q's.

Thanks
Jon

Steve
11-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Very interesting!

Have you found a way to go about getting birth dates from customers to send them cards without coming across as wanting TOO much information from them?

Upscale2
11-09-2010, 06:36 AM
Some customers I know pretty well so its not hard to get their information.

Others, that you don't know well can be a little more difficult. Over time though you will find out their birthdays because people love to talk about birthdays or their spouses birthdays etc... sometimes you will get a request on special lawn services prior to a party, so you just have to keep your ears open.

Write down on your planner an then go an put the info into your contact manager

Steve
11-09-2010, 05:34 PM
How far do you feel you should go with birthday cards? Should everyone in the household ultimately be sent one? Parents and children or do you think just the adults?