PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

busht24
11-02-2010, 05:55 PM
I would like to say hello to all of you on this forum... My name is Mark and I am 23 years old.. I have been doing landscaping since I was about 10 years old with my father... He started off just by helping a friend who lost his legs and people started stoping and asking us about our service and one customer lead to another.. Im ready to take things to another level and I came across this site.. I live in Michigan the detroit metro area is where I cut mostly but im not limited to that area...Im just here to gain knowledge and also help..

Steve
11-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Hi Mark,

Welcome to our forum!

What are some of your bigger goals? What to you would be taking the business to the next level?

busht24
11-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Im sorry it took a couple of days to reply kind of busy between school and work.. When I say next level I mean expanding the business and making it into a company on paper. Right now I dont have a tax id or anything like that. Going out to get more customers residential and commercial...

Steve
11-05-2010, 07:16 PM
As a sole proprietor, I think you can use your SS# as your tax id so that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

What kinds of things would you like to do to expand the business further? Do you offer your dad a lot of marketing idea advise? Does he experiment with a lot of your ideas?

busht24
11-06-2010, 02:44 AM
Some of the things I would like to do to expand the business further is come up with a website, flyers etc. So focus on marketing and going out to get commercial accounts. How can you bid on commercial property? Yes we have bounced ideas but my dad still have a day time job so thats why he never pushed too hard for the business to get so big where he cant handle the work. Plus he is getting older now and he is content on where landscaping has brought him but me I am the hungry one :)

Steve
11-07-2010, 05:05 PM
There are a bunch of web templates here http://www.gopherforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34 you can download one of them and get up and running.

As far as getting commercial accounts, read my blog here http://lawnchat.com/?cat=39

That link shows all the articles on getting commercial accounts.

Most all of them will require proof pf liability insurance. When ever you are ready to get into this, start knocking on doors and find out who is the contact person for submitting bids too.

Keep us posted on how your growth goes. I bet there will be a lot more action going on that you are pushing things.

busht24
11-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Ok thankyou steve I will check it out right now.