PDA

View Full Version : Hang up the cell phone

tiedeman
10-30-2006, 06:38 PM
I was discussing in one of my other threads about how when having a business conversation with another person to never pick up the cell phone. *It is so rude when someone does it, that I usually just walk away.

Case in point of when you could lose work from it. *I always had a guy that I would sub-contract out hydroseeding too. *Very nice guy, great prices, great service, etc. *But his customer skills were horrible...he would always answer his cell phone when I was talking with him, or when one of my customers were talking with him, and I was standing right there.

I can remember two times in particular of where I was there with one of my customers, and all three of use were talking (me, him, the customer) and the phone would ring and he would pick it up. *One time, one of the customers actually told me that she didn't appreciate it, and would not be using me again because of how rude he was.

Please guys....when you are talking with someone, put the phone on viberate, or put your voice mail on. *DO NOT ANSWER IT!!!

myrlin
11-01-2006, 08:24 AM
a men

Steve
11-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Do you ever wonder if he knows he is doing this and the effect it is having? Does he care?

tiedeman
11-03-2006, 10:26 PM
I don't know.

Too many times I have seen people, especially young people do this. It drives me nutz. There has been a lot of times that I just walk away from someone that is on the phone. Like if I am in a hardware store, supply place, nursery, etc. if they take that phone call, I just walk away because they just lost a sale that day to me.