PDA

View Full Version : Light it UP!

MAKLawnCutter
10-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Check this out!

I have had these fog lights sitting around for a LONG time now (3months), wasnt sure where to mount them. I was given a old pizza sign by HTH Signs (out of maitland, fl) and it had these super 35lb magnets on the bottom... it hit me! I dont have to MOUNT them anywhere, i can make them move-able. So, i started tinkering, i had the light and a cable for it so, i pulled the connector from it, tested one side of it and it burnt it out due to the high demand. I cut and spliced, soldered the ends of wire, ran a 6 foot pair of wires between them, hooked them up, and here is what i have.

20$ and an hour of my time.

I figured this would be awesome for hurricane season or hella storms we have down here lately. 2 55watt bulbs.

Ill be building another set in a few weeks.

Matt

Steve
10-30-2010, 08:33 PM
That is great!

You could redirect them as needed if you had to remove debris at night due to hurricanes.

Have you ever been in such a situation before?

MAKLawnCutter
11-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Since i started i havent had any hurricanes...

In 2004 we had the string of 4 named hurricanes, one after another and we were out of power all of 32days total. I just want to make sure i have light for when it does happen.

Matt

Steve
11-01-2010, 05:10 PM
WOW Talk about a rough time! I bet there are a ton of services you could offer to help people prepare for hurricanes and then deal with the aftermath caused by them.