PDA

View Full Version : How did they do this ??????

Dan5082
10-27-2010, 11:10 PM
Just looking what comes up for google around my city an noticed the emerald lawn care has thier listing 3 times in a row then I even saw further down a fourth one with a URL ( city ) lawncare . Com then it brings you to thier website . So they have four links on the first page HERE look ... Did they bribe google ... http://www.google.com/m/search?oe=UTF-8&client=safari&hl=en&q=lawn+care+Arlington+hts&gws_link_params=spell:1&ei=LObITMG3LJPIM_eagbEB&ved=0CAwQBSgA

The Cleaning Doctor
10-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Nope you can not bribe google unless you get the sponsored ad.

Good site creation and good seo tactics is what it takes.

This is I guess a good example of what I have been talking about. Multiple listings on the first page of google means less room for your competition.

Simple nice well ranking sites will do this for you.

As for the other site, they just bought another domain and forward that to theirs.

It is all simple to do just very time consuming when you are trying to run your business.

Dan5082
10-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Lucky? Hiw did they make it that they have triple listings then they have arlingtonlawncare.com but it looks exactly like emeraldlawncare.com that's a great idea . How many tags would they have to do . And do you think it will EVER be possible to beat them . Currently just two companies control they first page , the rest are just other sites . http://www.google.com/m/search?oe=UTF-8&client=safari&hl=en&q=lawn+care+Arlington+hts&gws_link_params=spell:1&ei=LObITMG3LJPIM_eagbEB&ved=0CAwQBSgA

Dan5082
10-28-2010, 04:38 PM
The owner of emerald lawn care <= top company in my area . Used two work for another lawn care biz that's 25 years old . It's second two . So he started just 8 years ago and already top dog at my city . Amazing what's possible. He went from working FOR then best to being the BEST .

The Cleaning Doctor
10-28-2010, 05:35 PM
I don't know how they did it exactly but their site will rank very well.

One thing is that the words "lawn care" appear 42 times on their home page. They also have 7 high ranking sites linking in to them according to Alexa.

Lucky? NO! They worked at it or had someone work on the SEO for them.

These are their key words. Not very many.

"Lawn Care, Lawn Care Services, Care lawn services, care lawn, lawn fertilization"

Between the Comma is a key word and it can be made up of more than one word.

It is what I have been saying..... Content is KEY!

Google, Yahoo and Bing etc. are in the business of serving up information. Since they can not determine what is in a photo or any animation they key off of the text on the page. Text is information and that is what they serve. If all the search engine served up was photos you would switch to another search engine.

Here is a rule to follow when building a web site.... Build first for your customer and second for SEO. After all if all you build for is SEO that would be one UGLY web site. But when building for your customer you also need to keep in mind your seo when writing. Also use conversational writing as it is easier for your customer to understand and Google likes it.

What I have found works the best for Service companies is information and photos. Your customer is looking for information. People are hungry for info but they don't want to have to work hard to get it. Can't get that well from photos. Secondly they want to see before and after photos of your work. If you can incorporate these together the better you are for for your customer and search engines.

Can you beat them..... You sure can, with Google anything is possible. The reason they have multiple pages showing up on the results is that their individual pages are deemed more relevant than others in the area for the key words searched. But also like I have said before, there is no guarantee with Google either.

If someone was to start a SEO campaign for lawn care, I would start no later than January so by March you are already 3 months into the campaign and when customers search, your rankings have already climbed.

By the way I have 4 pages for my site coming up in the results also.

http://www.google.com/search?q=deck+staining+helena+%2C+mt&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

and if you hit the + under the 5th entry you get 5 more pages.

The thing with having multiple pages appear is that leaves no room for your competition. Hell I have been consistently beating sites like Service Magic and Yellow Pages.

Google not only ranks a site but it also ranks individual web pages.

Dan5082
10-28-2010, 06:56 PM
So how much did that site cost you to build and then fir someone to seo it. It's great .

The Cleaning Doctor
10-28-2010, 07:12 PM
I did it all.

WOW a short answer.

See I have an SEO company now also.

xtremeseoconsulting.com

And I am not done with the site yet.

Steve
10-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Just looking what comes up for google around my city an noticed the emerald lawn care has thier listing 3 times in a row then I even saw further down a fourth one with a URL ( city ) lawncare . Com then it brings you to thier website . So they have four links on the first page HERE look ... Did they bribe google ...

I forgot what that is called, but from what I have heard, you can get multiple listings like that after your site has been online for around 2 years.

If you look, those three entries are linking to three different web addresses and have three different titles.

What I am guessing is that they have quite a few back links to those specific pages. Enough so that google determined those pages are important.

Go into yahoo and type link:http://www.emeraldlawncareinc.com and see how many backlinks they have.

Then try your best to have your site backlinked from those sites along with many others.

The Cleaning Doctor
10-28-2010, 08:43 PM
I forgot what that is called, but from what I have heard, you can get multiple listings like that after your site has been online for around 2 years.

Apparently not any more. My site has been online for 14 days and I have up to 4 listings on page 1.

Dan5082
10-29-2010, 04:17 PM
That's amazng

Steve
10-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Dan does any of that help you out at all?

What are you gonna be working on now to improve your site rankings?

Dan5082
10-30-2010, 07:46 PM
I'm thinking of taking some classes to learn how to do it myself ??? How long did it take ou to learne. ??

Steve
10-30-2010, 08:35 PM
I think it's just a process you learn over time. You learn a little something new and then you implement it. The SEO stuff is constantly changing based on the ways the search engines work, so what works today may not work tomorrow.

I think there is a SEO for dummies book that has a lot of great info in it.

Dan5082
10-31-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm Goning to my library today .. it's great . There's tins of books about biz . They even have books about running lawncare business . And they have a community bulletin board . I was also wondering who else goes to thier library ??

Steve
10-31-2010, 06:43 PM
You might be able to put a flyer up on that bulletin board for lawn care.

Keep us posted on some of the new seo tricks you start to implement and how they work out.

The Cleaning Doctor
10-31-2010, 07:45 PM
Because of the constant changing of Google and the others you never stop learning and you never know it all.

You can literally spend thousands of dollars on software or thousands of hours performing the work yourself. You can do this all yourself, it is not that hard but the thing is time. If you have the time then do it. If not then you are better off hiring someone to do it for you so you have a life. I did not have the funds when I started my very first web site so I would work all day and then after dinner sit down at the computer and work on my SEO.

Lost a marriage because of it. It is all consuming. Sometimes till 2am working on something new. It was my fault because I let it consume me. You have to be careful and draw the line somewhere. Years later she realizes what I was doing and regrets the decision to leave. Thing is don't let SEO consume you. Just like accounting, somethings are better left to others while you work on sales.

Dan5082
11-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Yup I saw that it would take along time . But I never knew it would be like that. What do the big seo companies do .. Have teams of people ???

Steve
11-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Drawing the line is an interesting point. I do wonder if for lawn care there should be a certain amount of key terms they should be focusing on.

For instance 'Your Town Lawn Care' and others like that

If you don't focus on a small handful of terms, the amount of time you can spend on trying to rank higher for more and more terms is ENDLESS!

The Cleaning Doctor
11-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Yes focusing on say for instance "lawn mowing" if that is your focus you are wrong unless you are a nationwide company. You should instead focus on "lawn mowing anytown anystate" This will have less competition than lawn mowing. focus on where you get the most of your work or the area you want to work in. for instance if you live in say Chino but you want to work in Beverly Hills, you would then focus on "lawn care Beverly Hills CA"

The big SEO companies do have teams of people but they also have either purchased or written software that allows them to partially automate the processes. I say partially because you can not completely automate the process. I don't work by myself, I have others that are experts in their specific area of SEO that I count on to complete the work. That is how all the SEO companies should work. Not with one person trying to do it all. It is impossible to know it all.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few exceptions it seems but they are normally working on high dollar accounts(or for Google...:D).

Here is an example. I have a list of over 6000 directories and say it takes an average of 2 minutes to sign up for the site (before you can add your listing) that is 200 hours of work and then say you add 1 minute to type in all your company data now we are at 300 hours to do this manually.

With the proper software you can cut this time dramatically but it is not fully automatic. You still need human intervention. This is where the SEO companies come in. They have the software and the people dedicated to each function.

Dan5082
11-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Wow that's cool I never knew that

Dan5082
11-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Do more door to door advertising . This is what I was thinking what if I could pay $50 for every person to sign up . Listen to what I did I put out a posting on craigslist looking for canvassers and wrote that they earn $50 for every person to sign up to my services. So then after I got a person to do it and thought about it I realized that I could have 10 people going door to door for me and it would not matter beacause I did not pay hourly so . I basicky had my own army all from craigslist . AND did it work sure it did . I got 5 nw accounts in just a couple days . It's great I keep looking for more people to go door to door. Imagine 25 people going door to door for you . Walking around for free. And I only pay them when a coustomer signs up for my services .... That's right a whole years worth of lawn care . And the best part is by the track I'm on I'll cover my whole city within a month.

Steve
11-03-2010, 10:44 PM
I got 5 nw accounts in just a couple days

WOW THAT IS GREAT! That was just from one person canvassing the area?

What did you train them to say when they go door to door?

At what point do you pay them for getting people to sign up?