PDA

View Full Version : New Girl on The Block!

Daisylynn
10-26-2010, 09:04 PM
1st I would like to start off by saying, What a great forum! I have looked over it a few times and found it to be very helpful. Thank you! I was wondering if anyone could help me with bidding fall clean ups and snow plowing? any information would be great.
~Thanks~

TNT Family Lawn Care
10-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Welcome, Im also a new member here as well. you will find anything an everthing here you need info on great place to learn We bid our fall cleanup based on what we would mow it for. for a example I find out what I would charge to mow then x it by 4 so 50x4=200$ if we have alot of beds, bushes we x it by 5=250 its only my wife and I mostly so the money we make stays in our pockets few people tell me I dont charge enough but we always get the bids and they always call back so I think Its working
And the snowplowing samething but we try to keep it the same as what we would charge for mowing some places if theres alot of shoveling we add 20$ 25$

Hope this helps you will see soon the people have alot of diff ways to quote jobs but it works for me

tntfamilylawncare

LawnMoore
10-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Welcome, Im also a new member here as well. you will find anything an everthing here you need info on great place to learn We bid our fall cleanup based on what we would mow it for. for a example I find out what I would charge to mow then x it by 4 so 50x4=200$ if we have alot of beds, bushes we x it by 5=250 its only my wife and I mostly so the money we make stays in our pockets few people tell me I dont charge enough but we always get the bids and they always call back so I think Its working
And the snowplowing samething but we try to keep it the same as what we would charge for mowing some places if theres alot of shoveling we add 20$ 25$

Hope this helps you will see soon the people have alot of diff ways to quote jobs but it works for me

tntfamilylawncare

wow, i think im going to keep this in mind for sure.

Thanks for the help ;)

Steve
10-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Have you played around with the snow plow and lawn care estimation calculators (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=43299#post43299) yet?

They should help you get an idea of how long certain jobs will take and what you should be charging based on your expenses.

Also there is a page on here to compare your lawn care prices (http://www.gopherforum.com/uploaded-files/pages/average-price.php). It also covers snow plowing as well.

What got you interested in starting your business?

Daisylynn
11-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Hi Steve,
I did play around with the Estimator. I'm not sure if I have my calculations down yet. The comparable's for fall clean up and snow plowing were very helpful, Thank you.
I got started into the business through my Step Dad, of which he started the business outside of his regular full time job through elders and family members for extra cash not expecting to much growth but enough to pay for the equipment. He has been offered a job outside of the state and asked me to take over the business :). I love to work out doors no matter what season I just wanna make sure I have my t's crossed and i's dotted before I'm on my own! lol

Steve
11-03-2010, 10:19 PM
As far as charging goes, if we see the national average for lawn care is around $45 or so, that gives you a good target to shoot for per hour. The business calculators are helpful to estimate larger projects.

What will you be doing to market yourself?